60 Data Quotes to Enlighten You on Data KnowledgeAug 13, 2021 03:00 PM Data Quotes - Photo by Campaign Creators from Unsplash
Tripboba.com - Did you know that it’s estimated that by 2025, the big data market will be worth $229.4 billion? The data industry is booming positively, and those who can work with data are increasingly in demand.
Of all the many data quotes available out there, you choose to be here and read our writing on data quotes – we appreciate you!
Yes, today Tripboba is bringing 60 best data quotes, including date science quotes, data Star Trek quotes, and other data quotes that you’ve been looking for.
Let’s get into it and find out more!
Quotes About Data
The following data quotes are surely inspiring. You can choose and pick your favorite for whatever business you’re intended to do.
- “There were 5 exabytes of information created between the dawn of civilization through 2003, but that much information is now created every two days.” ~ Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman at Google
- “Information is the oil of the 21st century, and analytics is the combustion engine.” ~ Peter Sondergaard, Senior Vice President and Global Head of Research at Gartner, Inc.
- “Data are just summaries of thousands of stories—tell a few of those stories to help make the data meaningful.” ~ Dan Heath, bestselling author
- “No data is clean, but most is useful.” ~ Dean Abbott, Co-founder and Chief Data Scientist at SmarterHQ
- “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.” ~ Sherlock Holmes in “A study in Scarlet” by Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Data is like garbage. You’d better know what you are going to do with it before you collect it.” ~ Mark Twain
- “Too often we forget that genius, too, depends upon the data within its reach, that even Archimedes could not have devised Edison’s inventions.” ~ Ernest Dimnet, priest, writer, and lecturer
- “We are surrounded by data, but starved for insights.” ~ Jay Baer, marketing and customer experience expert
- “Without big data analytics, companies are blind and deaf, wandering out onto the web like deer on a freeway.” ~ Geoffrey Moore, management consultant and author of Crossing the Chasm
- “Data analytics is the future, and the future is NOW! Every mouse click, keyboard button press, swipe or tap is used to shape business decisions. Everything is about data these days. Data is information, and information is power.” ~ Radi, data analyst at CENTOGENE
- “With data collection, ‘the sooner the better’ is always the best answer.” ~ Marissa Mayer, IT executive and co-founder of Lumi Labs, former Yahoo! president and CEO
- “Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all.” ~ Charles Babbage, mathematician, philosopher, inventor, and mechanical engineer
- “If you wanna do data science, learn about cognitive biases, our alarming lack of statistical intuition, and how to correct for them.” ~ Hugo Bowne-Anderson, Head of Data Science Evangelism and Marketing at Coiled
- “Data is a tool for enhancing intuition.” ~ Hilary Mason, data scientist and founder of Fast Forward Labs
- “Where there is data smoke, there is business fire.” ~ Thomas Redman, aka “the Data Doc”
Data Science Quotes
We live in a world of big data that empowers businesses and organizations to make data-driven decisions. Data science has become the key and central technology for this information age. And just so you know, data scientist has been dubbed the sexiest job of the 21st century.
Here, you will read more about data quotes on data science. Let’s take a look!
- “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” — Aaron Levenstein
- “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” — Albert Einstein
- “In the end you should only measure and look at the numbers that drive action, meaning that the data tells you what you should do next.” — Alexander Peiniger
- “It is very common to find that the data to support many of the business information needs is simply not available at the levels required, or that it is of such bad quality that it is impossible to use. Resolution of these types of issues often requires fundamental changes to business processes.” — Alison Newell
- “It’s easy to lie with statistics It’s hard to tell the truth without statistics.” — Andrejs Dunkels
- “The world is one big data problem.” — Andrew McAfee
- “Consumer data will be the biggest differentiator in the next two to three years Whoever unlocks the reams of data and uses it strategically will win.” — Angela Ahrendts
- “Data levels all arguments.” — Anthony W. Richardson
- “That which cannot be measured cannot be proven.” — Anthony W. Richardson
- “I never guess. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
- “The temptation to form premature theories upon insufficient data is the bane of our profession.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Without the hard little bits of marble which are called ‘facts’ or ‘data’ one cannot compose a mosaic; what matters, however, are not so much the individual bits, but the successive patterns into which you arrange them, then break them up and rearrange them.” — Arthur Koestler
- “Hiding within those mounds of data is the knowledge that could change the life of a patient, or change the world.” — Atul Butte
- “In our world of Big Data, businesses are relying on data scientists to glean insight from their large, ever-expanding, diverse set of data … while many people think of data science as a profession, it’s better to think of data science as a way of thinking, a way to extract insights using the scientific method.” — Bob E. Hayes
- “No large, global, heterogeneous, multi-business- and product-line enterprise can ever hope to clean up all of its data — it’s always a continuous journey. The key is knowing what data sources feed your BI applications and how confident you are about the accuracy of data coming from each source.” — Boris Evelson
Quotes on Data
Are you interested in data? Interested in starting a career in the field? Or you just want to understand what the fuss is all about?
In this post, we've rounded up more inspiring, insightful, and thought-provoking data quotes. Check them out below:
- “If you wanna do data science, learn how it is a technical, cultural, economic, and social discipline that has the ability to consolidate and rearrange societal power structures.” ~ Hugo Bowne-Anderson, Head of Data Science Evangelism and Marketing at Coiled
- “Data science is all about asking interesting questions based on the data you have—or often the data you don’t have.” ~ Sarah Jarvis, Director of Applied Machine Learning and Data Science at Secondmind
- “Data scientist (n.): Person who is better at statistics than any software engineer and better at software engineering than any statistician.” ~ Josh Wills, data scientist and engineer
- “Data scientist: The person who is better at explaining the business implications of analytical results than any scientist, and better at the analytical science than any MBA.” ~ Dr. Jennifer Priestley, Professor of Statistics and Data Science at Kennesaw State University
- “‘Possessed’ is probably the right word. I often tell people, ‘I don’t want to necessarily be a data scientist. You just kind of are a data scientist. You just can’t help but look at that data set and go, ‘I feel like I need to look deeper. I feel like that’s not the right fit.’” ~ Jennifer Shin, Senior Principal Data Scientist at Nielsen and lecturer at UC Berkeley
- “The core advantage of data is that it tells you something about the world that you didn’t know before.” ~ Hilary Mason, data scientist and founder of Fast Forward Labs
- “When we have all data online it will be great for humanity. It is a prerequisite to solving many problems that humankind faces.” ~ Robert Cailliau, informatics engineer and computer scientist who helped to develop the World Wide Web
- “Nobody ever talks about motivation in learning. Data science is a broad and fuzzy field, which makes it hard to learn. Really hard. Without motivation, you’ll end up stopping halfway through and believing you can’t do it, when the fault isn’t with you―it’s with the teaching. Take control of your learning by tailoring it to what you want to do, not the other way around.” ~ Vik Paruchuri, founder of Dataquest
- “Without big data, you are blind and deaf and in the middle of a freeway.” – Geoffrey Moore
- “No great marketing decisions have ever been made on qualitative data.” – John Sculley
- “Torture the data, and it will confess to anything.” – Ronald Coase
- “With data collection, ‘the sooner the better’ is always the best answer.” – Marissa Mayer
- “Big data isn’t about bits, it’s about talent.” – Douglas Merrill
- “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.” — Sherlock Holmes
- “Without a systematic way to start and keep data clean, bad data will happen.” — Donato Diorio
Data Star Trek Quotes
Though this is out of content, but we want to bring more inspirational data quotes by Lt. Cmdr. Data from Star Trek.
- "I want to live, however briefly, knowing that my life is finite. Mortality gives meaning to human life. Peace, love, friendship. These are precious because we know they cannot endure. A butterfly that lives forever is really not a butterfly at all." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "It is the struggle itself that is most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "There may be a correlation between humor and sex. The need for more research is clearly indicated." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "Early bird gets the worm? I believe Cmdr. Shelby erred. There is no evidence of avian or crawling vermicular lifeforms on Jouret IV." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "There are still many human emotions I do not fully comprehend – anger, hatred, revenge. But I am not mystified by the desire to be loved – or the need for friendship. These are things I do understand." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "I could be pursuing an untamed ornithoid without cause." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "I am superior, sir, in many ways, but I would gladly give it up to be human." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "We are more alike than unlike, my dear Captain…I have pores. Humans have pores. I have… fingerprints. Humans have fingerprints. My chemical nutrients are like your blood. If you prick me…do I not…leak?" – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "So, if you put funny teeth in your mouth, and jump around like an idiot… that is considered funny!" – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "In the event of a water landing, I have been designed to serve as a flotation device." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "Apologies, Captain… I seem to have reached an odd functional impasse. I am, uh…stuck." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "I never knew what a friend was until I met Geordi. He spoke to me as though I were human. He treated me no differently from anyone else. He accepted me for what I am. And that, I have learned, is friendship. But I do not know how to say goodbye." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "If you had an off switch, Doctor, would you not keep it secret?" – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- "I would gladly risk feeling bad at times, if it also meant that I could taste my dessert." – Lt. Cmdr. Data
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness