60+ Guru Nanak Quotes to Learn Everything about LifeAug 16, 2021 10:40 PM Guru Nanak Quotes - Photo by Deep Kumar from Flickr
Tripboba.com - Guru Nanak, also known as Bābā Nānak is the first of ten Sikh Gurus. He was the founder of Sikhism and his birthday is celebrated as Guru Nanak Gurpurab across the globe. Guru Nanak is also considered as one of the August religious thinkers ever.
The thoughts, views, and words of Guru Nanak have been compiled in "Guru Grant Sahib", the holy text of Sikhism. In this article, Tripboba has compiled some of the notable Guru Nanak Quotes that are full of wisdom. Let's check them out!
Guru Nanak Dev Ji QuotesGuru Nanak Quotes - Photo by harminder dhesi from Flickr
Guru Nanak founded the Sikh religion based on ideology. Until now the teaching of Guru Nanak has become the guide to millions of his followers. Here are several Guru Nanak quotes from his life and teaching.
- "Speak only that which will bring you honor."
- "He who has no faith in himself can never have faith in God."
- "Burn worldly love, rub the ashes and make ink of it, make the heart the pen, the intellect the writer, write that which has no end or limit."
- "If there is one God, then there is only His way to attain Him, not another. One must follow that way and reject the other. Worship not him who is born only to die, but Him who is eternal and is contained in the whole universe."
- "There is but One God. His name is Truth; He is the Creator. He fears none; he is without hate. He never dies; He is beyond the cycle of births and death. He is self-illuminated. He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning; He was True when the ages commenced and have ever been True. He is also True now."
- "Those who have loved are those that have found God"
- "Only fools argue whether to eat meat or not. They don't understand truth, nor do they meditate on it. Who can define what is meat and what is a plant? Who knows where the sin lies, being a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian?"
- "Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the Messenger of Death will not be able to touch you."
- "Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru, none can cross over to the other shore."
- "The world is a drama, staged in a dream"
- "Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God."
Guru Nanak Dev Ji Punjabi QuotesGuru Nanak Quotes - Photo by Hofstra University from Flickr
Guru Nanak led a simple life full of wisdom. He shared his life lessons with the world. Below are the top Guru Nanak quotes which full of learning.
- "Your Mercy is my social status."
- "If the people use the wealth bestowed on them by God for themselves alone or for treasuring it, it is like a corpse. But if they decide to share it with others, it becomes sacred food."
- "From its brilliancy, everything is illuminated."
- "Let God's grace be the mosque, and devotion the prayer mat. Let the Quran be the good conduct."
- "Riches cannot be gathered without sin and evil means."
- "Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truely die."
- "The production of children, the nurture of those born, and the daily life of men, of these matters woman is visibly the cause."
- "One cannot comprehend Him through reason, even if one reasoned for ages."
- "Owing to ignorance of the rope the rope appears to be a snake; owing to ignorance of the Self the transient state arises of the individualized, limited, phenomenal aspect of the Self."
- "Asceticism doesn't lie in mere words; He is an ascetic who treats everyone alike. Asceticism doesn't lie in visiting burial places; it lies not in wandering about nor in bathing at places of pilgrimage. Asceticism is to remain pure amidst impurities."
- "Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss."
- "I bow at His Feet constantly, and pray to Him, the Guru, the True Guru, has shown me the Way."
- "Even kings and emperors, with mountains of property and oceans of wealth - these are not even equal to an ant, who does not forget God."
- "I am neither a child, a young man, nor an ancient; nor am I of any caste."
- "Sing the songs of joy to the Lord, serve the Name of the Lord, and become the servant of His servants."
- "There are worlds and more worlds below them, and there are a hundred thousand skies over them. No one has been able to find the limits and boundaries of God. If there be any account of God, then alone the mortal can write the same; but God's account does not finish, and the mortal himself dies while still writing."
- "By singing the Guru's hymns, I, the minstrel spread the Lord's glory. Nanak, by praising the True Name, I have obtained the perfect Lord."
- "He who regards all men as equals is religious."
- "Nanak, the whole world is in distress. He, who believes in the Name, becomes victorious."
- "Me, the bard out of work, the Lord has applied to His service. In the very beginning, He gave me the order to sing His praises night and day. The Master summoned the minstrel to His True Court. He clothed me with the robe of His true honor and eulogy. Since then, the True Name had become my ambrosial food."
Quotes on Guru Nanak Jayanti in PunjabiGuru Nanak Quotes - Photo by firstname.lastname@example.org from Flickr
Guru Nanak is believed to bring enlightenment to the world. Therefore, there is a festival celebrating the honor of Guru Nanak's life and legacy. Here are some Guru Nanak quotes which you can send to others.
- "There is but one God. True is His Name, creative His personality, and immortal His form. He is without fear sans enmity, unborn and self-illumined. By the Guru's grace, He is obtained."
- "That one plant should be sown and another be produced cannot happen; whatever seed is sown, a plant of that kind even comes forth."
- "Asceticism doesn't lie in ascetic robes or in walking staff nor in the ashes. Asceticism doesn't lie in the earring nor in the shaven head nor blowing a conch. Asceticism lies in remaining pure amidst impurities."
- "Offspring, the due performance on religious rites, faithful service, highest conjugal happiness and heavenly bliss for the ancestors and oneself, depend on one's wife alone."
- "Thou has a thousand eyes and yet not one eye; Thou host a thousand forms and yet not one form."
- "Whatever be the qualities of the man with whom a woman is united according to the law, such qualities even she assumes, like a river, united with the ocean."
- "I am not the born; how can there be either birth or death for me?"
- "Through shallow intellect, the mind becomes shallow, and one eats the fly, along with the sweets."
- "What should the yogi have to fear? Trees, plants, and all that is inside and outside is He Himself"
- "Whatever kind of seed is sown in a field, prepared in due season, a plant of that same kind, marked with the peculiar qualities of the seed, springs up in it."
- "Heartiest wishes to you and your family on the auspicious occasion of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's birth anniversary. May this Gurpurab bring lots of joy and happiness to your life."
Guru Nanak Quotes on Marriage
Of many lessons we can get from Guru Nanak's quotes, there are some of the quotes and sayings about marriage. Let's check these Guru Nanak quotes on marriage below!
- "The Lord has perfectly arranged this wedding, the Saints have come together as a wedding party."
- "The elder brother who marries after the younger, the younger brother who marries before the elder, the female with whom such a marriage is contracted, he who gives her away, and the sacrificing priest, as the fifth, all fall into hell."—Guru Nanak
- "Once is the partition, of the inheritance made, once is a maiden given in marriage, and once does, a man says, I will give, each of those three, acts is done once only."—Guru Nanak
- "In the sacred texts which refer to marriage the appointment, of widows is nowhere mentioned, nor is the remarriage of widows prescribed in the rules concerning marriage.—Guru Nanak"
- "Let man and woman, united in marriage, constantly exert themselves, that, they may not be disunited, and may not violate their mutual fidelity."—Guru Nanak
- "Reprehensible is the father who gives not, his daughter in marriage at the proper time, reprehensible is the husband who approaches not, his wife in due season, and reprehensible is the son who does not protect his mother after her husband has died."—Guru Nanak
- "If being not given in marriage, she herself seeks a husband, she incurs no guilt, nor, does he whom she weds."—Guru Nanak
- "Property , acquired by learning belongs solely to him to whom,it was given, likewise the gift of a friend, a present received on marriage or with the honey mixture."—Guru Nanak
- "He who forsakes his mother, his father, or a teacher without a sufficient reason, he who has contracted an alliance with outcasts either through the Veda or through a marriage."—Guru Nanak
- "If, after the nuptial fee has been paid for a maiden, the giver of the fee dies, she shall be given in marriage to his brother, in case she consents."—Guru Nanak
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness