60 Hate Quotes to Learn That Hate Isn’t the Way to Deal with EverythingJul 22, 2021 01:00 PM Hate Quotes - Photo by Jan Kopřiva from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Hate is a strong word. There’s no denying that we all must have hated or even still hating on something or someone.
We also know that hate is definitely not the way to deal with everything in daily life – rather, love brings light while hatred only brings darkness.
If you’re looking for hate quotes, you will see plenty of them here as Tripboba has collected 60 hate quotes that will make you see on the bright side rather than just hating.
Quotes About Hate
In this section, Tripboba is sharing the first quarter of hate quotes that you can learn from. These hate quotes come from many sources and personalities that have something to say about hate.
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.” ― Elie Wiesel
- “I have decided to stick to love... Hate is too great a burden to bear.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” ― Roy T. Bennett
- “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.” ― C. JoyBell C.
- “Hate the sin, love the sinner.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.” ― James Baldwin
- “I know enough to know that no woman should ever marry a man who hated his mother.” ― Martha Gellhorn
- “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” ― Will Smith
- “In time we hate that which we often fear.” ― William Shakespeare
- “Animals don't hate, and we're supposed to be better than them.” ― Elvis Presley
- “Stronger than lover's love is lover's hate. Incurable, in each, the wounds they make.” ― Euripides
- “The opposite of love is not hate. Hate is just love gone bad. The actual opposite of love is apathy. When you don't care a damn as to what happens to the other person.” ― Amish Tripathi
- “When you really know somebody, you can’t hate them. Or maybe it’s just that you can’t really know them until you stop hating them.” ― Orson Scott Card
- “There is no such thing as a "broken family." Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.” ― C. JoyBell C.
10 Things I Hate About You Quotes
10 Things I Hate About You is an American rom-com that was released in 1999 starring Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and more.
To continue this writing of hate quotes today, Tripboba is bringing some of the best quotes from the film series that are worth reading. Let’s take a look below:
- "I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?" - Chastity
- "My insurance does not cover PMS!" - Walter Stratford
- "Shit Bianca I'm shooting nose spray add tomorrow!" - Joey Donner
- "But the next time you decide to storm in on the PTA, crusading for better lunch meat, or whatever it is you white girls complain about, ask them WHY they can't buy a book by a BLACK MAN!" - Mr. Morgan
- "Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want." - Patrick Verona
- "Ooh, see that, there. Who needs affection when I have blind hatred?" - Patrick Verona
- "See, first of all, Joey is not half the man you are. Secondly, don't let anyone, ever, make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. Go for it!" - Patrick Verona
- "What are the two house rules? Number One: No dating till you graduate. Number Two: No dating till you graduate." - Walter Stratford
- "You're 18, you don't know what you want. And you won't know what you want 'til you're 45, and even if you get it, you'll be too old to use it." - Walter Stratford
- "Just 'cause you're beautiful, that doesn't mean that you can treat people like they don't matter." - Cameron James
- "Romantic? Hemingway? He was an abusive, alcoholic misogynist who squandered half of his life hanging around Picasso trying to nail his leftovers." - Katarina Stratford
- "I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." - Katarina Stratford
- "Hello, Katarina. Make anyone cry today?" - Walter Stratford
- "I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is. My momma didn't raise no foo'!" - Walter Stratford
- "ou're asking me out? That's so cute! What's your name again?" - Bianca Stratford
The Hate U Give Quotes
The Hate U Give is a 2018 drama/crime release starring Starr Carter as an African-American teenager who faces pressure from various communities and tries to stand up for what is right after she witnesses the shooting of her best friend by the police.
If you love drama/crime films, you should definitely give this one a try. Whether you’ve watched it or not, reading best lines and quotes from the movie is totally recommended. This might not be connected to hate quotes Tripboba is writing today, but they are inspiring. Mind you, these quotes come from the writer herself. Let’s see!
- “What's the point of having a voice if you're gonna be silent in those moments you shouldn't be?” ― Angie Thomas
- “At an early age I learned that people make mistakes, and you have to decide if their mistakes are bigger than your love for them.” ― Angie Thomas
- “Brave doesn't mean you're not scared. It means you go on even though you're scared.” ― Angie Thomas
- “That's the problem. We let people say stuff, and they say it so much that it becomes okay to them and normal for us. What's the point of having a voice if you're gonna be silent in those moments you shouldn't be?” ― Angie Thomas
- “I can't change where I come from or what I've been through, so why should I be ashamed of what makes me, me?” ― Angie Thomas
- “Once upon a time there was a hazel-eyed boy with dimples. I called him Khalil. The world called him a thug. He lived, but not nearly long enough, and for the rest of my life I'll remember how he died. Fairy tale? No. But I'm not giving up on a better ending.” ― Angie Thomas
- “You can destroy wood and brick, but you can't destroy a movement.” ― Angie Thomas
- “Pac said Thug Life stood for 'The Hate U Give Little Infants Fucks Everybody'.” ― Angie Thomas
- “Once you've seen how broken someone is it's like seeing them naked—you can't look at them the same anymore.” ― Angie Thomas
- “It's dope to be black until it's hard to be black.” ― Angie Thomas
- “I’ve seen it happen over and over again: a black person gets killed just for being black, and all hell breaks loose. I’ve Tweeted RIP hashtags, reblogged pictures on Tumblr, and signed every petition out there. I always said that if I saw it happen to somebody, I would have the loudest voice, making sure the world knew what went down. Now I am that person, and I’m too afraid to speak.” “People like us in situations like this become hashtags, but they rarely get justice. I think we all wait for that one time though, that one time when it ends right.” ― Angie Thomas
- “Intentions always look better on paper than in reality.” ― Angie Thomas
- “Good-byes hurt the most when the other person’s already gone.” ― Angie Thomas
- “To every kid in Georgetown and in all “the Gardens” of the world: your voices matter, your dreams matter, your lives matter. Be roses that grow in the concrete.” ― Angie Thomas
- “Funny. Slave masters thought they were making a difference in black people’s lives too. Saving them from their “wild African ways.” Same shit, different century. I wish people like them would stop thinking that people like me need saving.” ― Angie Thomas
I Hate You Quotes
For more hate quotes, we’re bringing “I hate you” quotes for your reading season.
- “Your face is engraved in my mind. I can’t erase it. I don’t want to. Because as much as I hate you, I love you. And I love you unforgettably.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul.” ― Jeanne Julie Eleonore de Lespinasse
- “No one can hate you with more intensity than someone who used to love you.” ― Rick Riordan
- “I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.” ― David Levithan
- “"I hate you." My sister said it different than she said it to my dad. She meant it with me.She really did. "I love you," was all I could say in return. "You're a freak, you know that? Everyone says so. They always have." "I'm trying not to be.” Then, I turned around and walked to my room and closed my door and put my head under my pillow and let the quiet put things where they are supposed to be.” ― Stephen Chbosky
- “I do not love you except because I love you; I go from loving to not loving you, From waiting to not waiting for you My heart moves from cold to fire. I love you only because it's you the one I love; I hate you deeply, and hating you Bend to you, and the measure of my changing love for you Is that I do not see you but love you blindly. Maybe January light will consume My heart with its cruel Ray, stealing my key to true calm. In this part of the story I am the one who Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you, Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood.” ― Pablo Neruda
- “Does it give you déjà voodoo how alike the houses are?" "That's déjà vu, and I hate you right now.” ― Rachel Caine
- “I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I have touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I spend my entire day talking to children. And I find it fundamentally strange that you're not a dessert person. It freaks me out. I'm sorry that I don't talk like Murphy Brown. And I hate your pants suit. I wish it had ribbons on it or something just to make it slightly cuter but that doesn't mean I'm not smart and tough and strong.” ― Zooey Deschanel
- “I can't stand when people say, Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. OK, how about I hate you because you said that” ― Tia Carrere
- “Don't take me for a fool!" Dee interrupted angrily, but then had to lean over the boat as another bout of nausea gripped him. Virginia grinned and winked at Josh. "It's hard to sound masterful when you're throwing up, isn't it?" "I hate you, Virginia Dare," Dee mumbled. "I know you don't really mean that," she said lightly. "I do," he croaked.” ― Michael Scott
- “It was beautiful and rare, and you have every right to despise me." She stood pressed to the wall, not moving. "When you came in, I thought 'Send her away.' But I knew that if you went away, I'd run after you. I thought 'I won't say a word.' But I knew that you'd know it before you left. I love you. I know you'd think kindlier of me if I said that I hate you.” ― Ayn Rand
- “I hate you.” “I know,” he whispered. “Kiss me.” He didn’t hesitate.” ― Larissa Ione
- “I hate you most because you attract, but are not strong enough to pull me to you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “I don't love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.” ― Natalie Portman
- “There's been a lot of simple vilification of right-wing people. It's really easy to say, 'Well, you're Christian, you're anti-this and that, and I hate you.' But to me, it's more interesting to say, 'What is this person like and how do they really think?'” ― Louis C. K.
- 3 Ways How to Find Lost AirPods by Using "Find My" and Via iCloud
- How to Make Yourself Throw Up Easily: 10 Ways to Help You Throw Up!
- Feeling Nauseous After Eating? Here's What You Need to Know!
- 20 Ladies On Twitter Shared Their Story About How Their Husband or Boyfriend Love Them So Much
- These 17 Dogs Refuse To Sleep Normally, The Results Are Hilarious