60+ Inspirational Sports Quotes of All Time!Jul 07, 2021 03:30 PM Inspirational Sports Quotes - Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
Tripboba.com - There's nothing more interesting than seeing a group return to winning the fourth match after trailing 0-3 or a fighter coming off the material to score a goal after a knockout.
For sports fans, you can look up to these 60+ inspirational sports quotes as Tripboba has compiled below.
Don't wait too long, let's check this article about inspirational sports quotes and write down your favorite one!
Short Inspirational Sports Quotes
Here are some inspirational sports quotes that you can copy-paste.
- "The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose."- Ernie Banks
- "When you’re riding, only the race in which you’re riding is important."- Bill Shoemaker
- "Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind."- Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- "I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability."- Bruce Jenner
- "The trophy carries dust. Memories last forever."- Mary Lou Retton
- "Number one is just to gain a passion for running. To love the morning, to love the trail, to love the pace on the track. And if some kid gets really good at it, that’s cool too."- Pat Tyson
- "Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown."- Ross Perot
- "You have to do something in your life that is honorable and not cowardly if you are to live in peace with yourself."- Larry Brown
- "Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer."- Ted Williams
- "One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preaching it."- Knute Rockne
- "The five S’s of sports training are: stamina, speed, strength, skill, and spirit; but the greatest of these is spirit."- Ken Doherty
Inspirational Quotes for Sports TeamsInspirational Sports Quotes - Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
Here are the other inspirational sports quotes that will motivate you!
- “If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.”- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- “Don’t be afraid of failure. This is the way to succeed.”- LeBron James
- “You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits.”- Michael Phelps
- "You must not only have competitiveness but ability, regardless of the circumstance you face, to never quit."—Abby Wambach
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and miss. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”—Michael Jordan
- “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.”—Kerri Walsh Jennings
- “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t pretend that you do and, and some point, you will.”—Venus Williams
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”– Billie Jean King
- “It is more difficult to stay on top than to get there.”– Mia Hamm
- “If you persevere long enough, if you do the right things long enough, the right things will happen.”-Manon Rheaume
- “It doesn’t matter what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s all a matter of discipline.”-Wilma Rudolph
- “The only person who can stop you from reaching your goals is you.”— Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Inspirational Quotes for Sports
Choose one of your favorite inspirational sports quotes below.
- "An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head." - Emil Zatopek
- "Somewhere behind the athlete you’ve become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back… play for her." - Mia Hamm
- "Never give up, never give in, and when the upper hand is ours, may we have the ability to handle the win with the dignity that we absorbed the loss." - Doug Williams
- "It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul “Bear” Bryant
- "Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement." - Marv Levy
- "I’ve learned that something constructive comes from every defeat." - Tom Landry
- "Make sure your worst enemy doesn’t live between your own two ears." - Laird Hamilton
- "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax
- "If you can’t outplay them, outwork them." - Ben Hogan
- "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." - Rogers Hornsby
- "Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second." - William James
- "Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play." - Mike Singletary
- "Continuous effort — not strength or intelligence — is the key to unlocking our potential." - Liane Cardes
- "Good is not good when better is expected." - Vin Scully
- "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination." - Tommy Lasorda
Best Inspirational Sports QuotesInspirational Sports Quotes - Photo by Victor Freitas from Pexels
You can also share the following of the best inspirational sports quotes below.
- "Champions keep playing until they get it right." - Billie Jean King
- "You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours." - Herb Brooks
- "If you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail." - Mark Spitz
- "How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser." - Lou Holtz
- "Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement." - Matt Biondi
- "Sports serve society by providing vivid examples of excellence." - George F. Will
- "The principle is competing against yourself. It’s about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before." - Steve Young
- "You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy." - Arthur Ashe
- "What makes something special is not just what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose." - Andre Agassi
- "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele
- "It ain’t about how hard you can hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." - Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa
- "Most talented players don’t always succeed. Some don’t even make the team. It’s more what’s inside." - Brett Favre
- "One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team." - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- "Stubbornness usually is considered a negative; but I think that trait has been a positive for me." - Cal Ripken Jr.
- "You’ve got to take the initiative and play your game. In a decisive set, confidence is the difference."Chris Evert
- "When you win, say nothing, when you lose, say less." - Paul Brown
- "The hardest skill to acquire in this sport is the one where you compete all out, give it all you have, and you are still getting beat no matter what you do. When you have the killer instinct to fight through that, it is very special." - Eddie Reese
Inspirational Sports Movie Quotes
Check out the following inspirational sports quotes special from the movie.
- 'Glory Lasts Forever' — The Replacements
- 'I Love Brian Piccolo. And I'd Like All of You to Love Him, Too.' — Brian's Song
- 'White Men Can't Jump.' — White Men Can't Jump
- 'Yo, Adrian!' — Rocky
- 'I Don’t Play Defense.' — Space Jam
- 'Juuuuuuuust a Bit Outside.' — Major League
- 'You Play Ball Like a GIRL!' — The Sandlot
- 'Will You Remember Me If I Don't [Make It]?' — Hoop Dreams
- 'Macushla.' — Million Dollar Baby
- 'Wax On. Wax Off.' — The Karate Kid
- 'Go Pick Me a Winner, Bobby.' — The Natural
- 'Can You Live in That Moment as Best You Can ... Then You're Perfect.' — Friday Night Lights
- 'Great Moments Are Born From Great Opportunity.' — Miracle
- 'There's No Crying in Baseball!' — A League of Their Own
Thank you for reading all about inspirational sports quotes made by Tripboba above. Keep spirit and don't forget to share with others!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness