60 Inspiring Dance Quotes to Dance It Away Like No Other!Jul 22, 2021 12:30 PM Dance Quotes - Photo by Levi Guzman from Unsplash
Tripboba.com - Dance has to be the most fun thing to let go of everything and forget about time. It is so much more than grooving on the dance floor to your favorite song. In fact, you will be surprised how many benefits are associated with dancing.
Not only does dancing train your brain and body motor skills, but it’s also an excellent exercise for your whole body. The other great thing about dancing is the fact that it helps you to stay physically and mentally fit.
Whether you are a professional dancer or you’re just dancing it away as a recreational activity, dancing is for everyone! If you want to know some of the greatest dance quotes to read, you can definitely count on Tripboba here!
We’re bringing 60 best dance quotes to make you feel the happiest. Let’s see our collection!
Quotes About Dance
What's more about dancing is it can regularly improve your general well-being, boost your self-esteem, and has also been shown to improve your social skills. With the following dance quotes, you will be inspired at how wonderful they really are!
- “Hand in hand, on the edge of the sand, they danced by the light of the moon.” – Edward Lear
- “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.” – Martha Graham
- “Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator. Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on. On many an occasion when I am dancing, I have felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists.” – Michael Jackson
- “Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion.” – Martha Graham
- “The job of feets is walking, but their hobby is dancing.” – Amit Kalantri
- “Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful… This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking.” – Agnes De Mille
- “Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. […] Dance when you’re perfectly free.” – Jalaluddin Rumi
- “Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “This is why the idea of finding love across the dance floor endures – symbolizing that, when we know the true rhythm of our heart, we know the other.” – Alexandra Katehakis
- “You have to love dancing to stick to it. It gives you nothing back, no manuscripts to store away, no paintings to show on walls and maybe hang in museums, no poems to be printed and sold, nothing but that single fleeting moment when you feel alive.” – Merce Cunningham
- “In a society that worships love, freedom, and beauty, dance is sacred. It is a prayer for the future, a remembrance of the past and a joyful exclamation of thanks for the present.” – Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- “I feel that the essence of dance is the expression of man – the landscape of his soul. I hope that every dance I do reveals something of myself or some wonderful thing a human can be.” – Martha Graham
- “Any kind of dancing is better than no dancing at all.” – Lynda Barr
Dance Quotes for Kids
To inspire your kids with dance quotes, Tripboba has brought to you a great list of dance quotes for kids. Let’s have a look!
- “Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn’t music.” – William Stafford
- “Dance first. Think later. It’s the natural order.” – Samuel Beckett
- “To me, the body says what words cannot. I believe that dance was the first art.” – Martha Graham
- “Even if you can’t dance, you can shake your body. Even if you can’t sing, you can make some noise.” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- “It doesn’t matter how you move as long as you are being you.” – Kimberly Dean
- “Dancing is the rhythm of the soul expressed in movement, beauty, art, and creativity.” – Adrienne Posey
- “Learning ballet is wonderful for children even if they never become dancers. It is wonderful because it teaches discipline, grace, and manners.” – Anna Paskevska
- “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” – Mikhail Baryshnikov
- “We do not dance to reach a certain point on the floor, but simply to dance.” – Alan Watts
- “The best dancer is the one who isn’t even aware that she is dancing!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Some feet are made for racing, but some special feet are made for dancing.” – Amit Kalantri
- “I’ve always loved dancing. As soon as there is good music, I’ve got to get up and dance. I was passionate about ballet as a little girl.” – Cherie Lunghi
- “I’ve studied dance since I was very young, and I continue to study ballet.” – Sarah Gadon
- “No one can dance better than his own shadow and no shadow can dance better than its own owner!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “A gracefully effortless floating, flowing and flying are the essentials of the ballet’s image of man.” – Ayn Rand
Dance Inspiring Quotes
Dance quotes have a fun and unique way of speaking for us. The excitement from each word can totally inspire us to just dance. Here are more dance quotes that are inspiring and great to read!
- “Dancing is creating a sculpture that is visible only for a moment.” – Erol Ozan
- “Dancing is surely the most basic and relevant of all forms of expression. Nothing else can so effectively give outward form to an inner experience.” – Lyall Watson
- “We dance to seduce ourselves. To fall in love with ourselves. When we dance with another, we manifest the very thing we love about ourselves so that they may see it and love us too.” – Kamand Kojouri
- “You dance love, and you dance joy, and you dance dreams. And I know if I can make you smile by jumping over a couple of couches or running through a rainstorm, then I’ll be very glad to be a song and dance man.” – Gene Kelly
- “Daily dance uplifts the soul to spiritual realms.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “If you’ve got nothing to dance about, find a reason to sing.” – Melody Carstairs
- “When you dance, you can enjoy the luxury of being you.” – Paulo Coelho
- “If you look at a dancer in silence, his or her body will be the music. If you turn the music on, that body will become an extension of what you’re hearing.” – Judith Jamison
- “I don’t want to hide. I want to slow dance with you again. I want to dance with you forever.” – Sarah Black
- “To live is to be musical, starting with the blood dancing in your veins. Everything living has a rhythm. Do you feel your music?” – Michael Jackson
- “Stars are always dancing. Sometimes they dance twinkling away with the rhythm of your joyful heart and sometimes they dance without movement to embrace your heartache as if frozen sculptures of open-armed sadness.” – Munia Khan
- “Every song has its own heartbeat. The pulse in music is what makes it alive.” – J.R. Rim
- “There was still no likelihood that we could make a living from dance. We were doing it because we loved it… We realized how full we felt; we were surrounded by music and dancing and joy.” – Alvin Ailey
- “Our biological rhythms are the symphony of the cosmos, music embedded deep within us to which we dance, even when we can’t name the tune.” – Deepak Chopra
- “It doesn’t matter if I’m off the beat. It doesn’t matter if I’m snapping to the rhythm. It doesn’t matter if I look like a complete goon when I dance. It is my dance. It is my moment. It is mine. And dance I will. Try and stop me. You’ll probably get kicked in the face.” – Dan Pearce
Inspirational Dance Quotes
Dance let you express a wide variety of emotions. The way you dance can express joy, excitement, passion, as well as aggression and anger. What's great about dancing is that it can help you destress and completely focus on the present moment.
Take a look at the list below for more inspirational dance quotes:
- “The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures. It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “For I have trained myself and am training myself always to be able to dance lightly in the service of thought.” – Søren Kierkegaard
- “Life is the dancer and you are the dance.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to to dance better than myself.” – Mikhail Baryshnikov
- “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair…” – Susan Polis Schutz
- “Life is a dance. Mindfulness is witnessing that dance.” – Amit Ray
- “Life is short and there will always be dirty dishes, so let’s dance.” – James Howe
- “It’s the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance.” – Xiaolu Guo
- “We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Sometimes in life confusion tends to arise and only dialogue of dance seems to make sense.” – Shah Asad Rizvi
- “Do not be frightened, friend. Let us dance our way to God.” – Kamand Kojouri
- “Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Discos are tricky. You look a total wally if you dance too early but after one crucial song tips the disco over, you look a sad saddo if you don’t.” – David Mitchell
- “She would be half a planet away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by moonlight to flamenco guitar.” – Janet Fitch
- “Life is sweet when you pay attention. When it doesn’t seem sweet, put a sticker on your nose and do a funky dance.” – Whitney Scott
- 3 Ways How to Find Lost AirPods by Using "Find My" and Via iCloud
- How to Make Yourself Throw Up Easily: 10 Ways to Help You Throw Up!
- Feeling Nauseous After Eating? Here's What You Need to Know!
- 20 Ladies On Twitter Shared Their Story About How Their Husband or Boyfriend Love Them So Much
- These 17 Dogs Refuse To Sleep Normally, The Results Are Hilarious