60+ Purple Quotes to Share With Those Who Love Purple!Aug 09, 2021 06:00 PM Purple Quotes - Photo by Anni Roenkae from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Purple is a beautiful color some women probably like. People describe purple with creativity, peace, and extravagance.
Everyone who is interested in the purple color would love to invest time reading the following purple quotes.
In this article, Tripboba is going to share famous Purple quotes that we collected from different sources. Feel free to share these purple quotes with your friends, movie lovers, or social media.
The Color Purple QuotesPurple Quotes - Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
The Color Purple is a 1985 American drama film directed by Steven Spielberg. The film talked about an epic tale in the life of Celie, an African-American woman who survives bigotry and abuse. This film is recommended to watch. If you read these purple quotes, you'll never forget about The Color Purple film.
- “I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Who am I to tell her who to love? My job is just to love her good and true myself. P. 237” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Every time I conjure up a rock, I throw it.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “I think us here to wonder, myself. To wonder. To ask. And that in wondering bout the big things and asking bout the big things, you learn about the little ones, almost by accident. But you never know anything more about the big things than you start out with. The more I wonder, the more I love.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it. People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Why any woman gives a shit what people think is a mystery to me.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “...have you ever found God in church? I never did. I just found a bunch of folks hoping for him to show. Any God I ever felt in church I brought in with me. And I think all the other folks did too. They come to church to share God, not find God.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “I am an expression of the divine, just like a peach is, just like a fish is. I have a right to be this way...I can't apologize for that, nor can I change it, nor do I want to... We will never have to be other than who we are in order to be successful...We realize that we are as ourselves unlimited and our experiences valid. It is for the rest of the world to recognize this if they choose.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Time moves slowly, but passes quickly.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “I believe God is everything, say Shug. Everything that is or ever was or ever will be. And when you can feel that, and be happy to feel that, you've found It.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Here's the thing, say Shug. The thing I believe. God is inside you and inside everybody else. You come into the world with God. But only those that search for it inside find it. And sometimes it just manifests itself even if you not looking, or don't know what you looking for. Trouble do it for most folks, I think. Sorrow, lord. Feeling like shit. It? I ask. Yeah, It. God ain't he or she, but an It. But what does it look like? I ask. Don't look like anything, she said. It ain't a picture show. It ain't something you can look at apart from anything else, including yourself. I believe God is everything, say Shug. Everything that is or ever was or ever will be. And when you can feel that, and be happy to feel that, you've found it.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Everything wants to be loved. Us sing and dance and holler, just trying to be loved.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “All my life I had to fight. I had to fight my daddy. I had to fight my brothers. I had to fight my cousins and my uncles. A girl child ain't safe in a family of men. But I never thought I'd have to fight in my own house. She let out her breath. I love Harpo, she says. God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead before I let him beat me.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Man corrupt everything, say Shug. He is on your box of grits, in your head, and all over the radio. He tries to make you think he is everywhere. Soon as you think he is everywhere, you think he is God. But he ain't. Whenever you trying to pray, and man plops himself on the other end of it, tell him to get lost, say Shug. Conjure up the flowers, wind, water, a big rock.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “A grown child is a dangerous thing.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Everything wants to be loved.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “I'm pore, I'm black, I may be ugly and can't cook, a voice says to everything listening. But I'm here.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “The more I wonder, the more I love.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Oh, Celie, unbelief is a terrible thing. And so is the hurt we cause others unknowingly.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “The Olinka girls do not believe girls should be educated. When I asked a mother why she thought this, she said: A girl is nothing to herself; only to her husband can she become something. What can she become? I asked. Why, she said, the mother of his children. But I am not the mother of anybody's children, I said, and I am something.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors.”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Here's the thing, say Shug. The thing I believe. God is inside you and inside everybody else. You come into the world with God. But only those that search for it inside find it. And sometimes it just manifests itself even if you not looking, or don't know what you looking for l. Trouble do it for most folks, I think. Sorrow, Lord. Feeling like shit.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “Us sing and dance, make faces and give flower bouquets, trying to be loved. You ever notice that trees do everything to get the attention we do, except walk?”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- “And I thank God let me gain understanding enough to know love can't be halted just cause some peoples to moan and groan. P.238”― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
Purple Rain QuotesPurple Quotes - Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
Purple Rain is a 1984 American musical drama film featuring Robert Cavallo as producer. This film is remembered for its music and is a beloved pop masterpiece. Whether or not you watched this film, we believe that you will love these Purple quotes.
- "I'd like to dedicate this to my father, Francis L. It's a song the girls in the band wrote, Lisa and Wendy.”- Prince
- “God got Wendy's periods reversed. About every 28 days she starts acting nice. Lasts about a weekend.”- Matt Fink
- “Your lips would make a lollipop too happy.”- Morris
- “Let me give you a piece of advice, junior: your music make sense to no one... but yourself.”- Bill Sparks
- The evening sky was streaked with purple, the color of torn plums and a light rain had started to fall when I came to the end of the blacktop road that cut through twenty miles of thick, almost impenetrable scrub oak and pine and stopped at the front gate of Angola penitentiary." - James Lee Burke
- "The worst gig story I have is from a club in Alabama that I think is still up and running, so I won't name the name of the club. We got hired in there to play, and the owner was pretty annoying. He kept coming up to me during the show and asking me to play 'Purple Rain.' - Jason Aldean
- "You live several lives while reading [a good book]."- William Styron
- "What they would see first would be a darkening of the sky in the east - a change from empty blue to a grey-white that would gradually shade into a heavy, inky purple. And then there would be a wind - the wind that preceded a storm and carried the smell of rain on its breath."-Alexander McCall Smith
- But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."- Nancy Pelosi
- "Purple Rain comes on. It's the song we first danced to at homecoming."- McLaughlin
- "When you read the poem, you wonder, what might Grendel have been? Could it have been a person that was turned away? Someone that was disfigured or deformed? Like everything else did, it came from somewhere. It's really exciting, and not knowing is part of the magic and mystery."- Kieran Bew
- "If you're going to reach for it, reach all the way for it. Albums like 'Purple Rain' and 'Thriller' and that kind of records, you had to reach far above the din of cynicism and modern living to get to that place, against all the odds."- Dave Sitek
- "Your destiny isn't defined. You create it"- Mark Patterson
- "Horrible experiences lead us to wonder whether the person who experiences them might not be something horrible."- Friedrich Nietzsche
- "But for me, if I'm gonna read about something I'd rather read a pamphlet or the instructions to a synthesizer than a book on Buddhism."- John Frusciante
- "He can do it any time he wants,' says Zelda, hugging me from the other side. 'Any time he sees a Nazi, he can just do a poo."- Morris Gleitzman
- " What the fuck is "purple rain"? It's doggerel, that's what; nobody has the foggiest idea what purple rain is."- Anonymous
Purple Hibiscus Quotes
Purple Hibiscus is a novel written by a Nigerian namely Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. This novel was first published by Algonquin Books in 2003. If you have read this novel, you might like these Purple Hibiscus quotes to remind you about the characters and story.
- "Things started to fall apart when my brother, Jaja, did not go to communion and Papa flung his heavy missal across the room and broke the figurines on the étagère."- Kambili
- "I meant to say I am sorry that Papa broke your figurines, but the words that came out were, ‘I’m sorry your figurines broke Mama."- Kambili
- "Imagine what the Standard would be if we were all quiet. It was a joke. Ade Coker was laughing; so was his wife, Yewande. But Papa did not laugh. Jaja and I turned and went back upstairs, silently."- Ade Coker; Kambili
- "Morality, as well as the sense of taste, is relative."- Obiora
- "When she made a U-turn and went back the way we had come, I let my mind drift, imagining God laying out the hills of Nsukka with his wide white hands, crescent-moon shadows underneath his nails just like Father Benedict’s."- Kambili
- “People have crushes on priests all the time, you know. It’s exciting to have to deal with God as a rival.”
- ― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- “People have crushes on priests all the time, you know. It’s exciting to have to deal with God as a rival.”
- ― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- "This cannot go on, none m,’ Aunty Ifeoma said. ‘When a house is on fire, you run out before the roof collapses on your head."- Aunty Ifeoma
- "She picked up an enterprising snail that was crawling out of the open basket. She threw it back in and muttered, ‘God take power from the devil.’ I wondered if it was the same snail, crawling out, being thrown back in, and then crawling out again. Determined. I wanted to buy the whole basket and set that one snail free."- Kambili
- "Rain splashed across the floor of the veranda, even though the sun blazed and I had to narrow my eyes to look out the door of Aunty Ifeoma’s living room. Mama used to tell Jaja and me that God was undecided about what to send, rain or sun. We would sit in our rooms and look out at the raindrops glinting with sunlight, waiting for God to decide."- Kambili
- "Kambili is right,’ she said. ‘Something from God was happening there."-Aunty Ifeoma
- "Of course God does. Look at what He did to his faithful servant Job, even to His own Son. But have you ever wondered why? Why did He have to murder his own son so we would be saved? Why didn’t he just go ahead and save us?"-Jaja
- “I was stained by failure.”― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- “I cannot control even the dreams that I have made.”― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- “She seemed so happy, so at peace, and I wondered how anybody around me could feel that way when the liquid fire was raging inside me when fear was mingling with hope and clutching itself around my ankles.” ― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- “Eugene has to stop doing God's job. God is big enough to do his own job. If God will judge our father for choosing to follow the way of our ancestors, then let God do the judging, not Eugene.” ― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- “There was a helplessness to his joy, the same kind of helplessness as in that woman’s despair.”― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- “Sometimes life begins when the marriage ends” ― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- “We did not scale the rod because we believed we could, we scaled it because we were terrified that we couldn't.”― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- “I often wondered why Sister Veronica needed to understand it, when it was simply the way things were done.”― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
- “There is so much that is still silent between Jaja and me. Perhaps we will talk more with time, or perhaps we never will be able to say it all, to clothe things in words, things that have long been naked.”― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
Quotes About PurplePurple Quotes - Photo by Ellie Burgin from Pexels
If you are someone who loves to read such beautiful and encouraging Purple quotes or quotes about purple, you've come to the right page. Here is the list of Purple quotes for you.
- "Be different. Be original. Nobody will remember a specific flower in a garden filled with thousands of the same yellow flower, But they will remember the one that managed to change its color to purple."- Suzy Kassem, ' Rise Up And Salute The Sun'
- "The sky is already purple; the first few stars have appeared, suddenly, as if someone had thrown a handful of silver across the edge of the world."- Alice Hoffman, 'Here On Earth.
- "Yesterday and tomorrow cross and mix on the skyline. The two are lost in a purple haze. One forgets, one waits."- Carl Sandburg
- "As an actress who has performed in theater for over 17 years, my experience performing in 'The Color Purple has been a truly life-changing journey."- LaChanze.
- "Seek to be the purple thread in the long white gown."- Epictetus
- "The bougainvillea hung about it, purple and magenta, in livid balloons."- Anita Desai, 'Games At Twilight'
- "Her love was like lavender, delicate and melancholy."- Laura Chouette, 'The Painting Of Mrs. Ravensbrook'.
- "Purple puts us in touch with the part of ourselves that is regal. Purple is the queen in all women; it helps us keep our backs straight and heads held high."- Byllye Avery.
- "When God made the color purple, God was just showing off."- Mae Jemison.
- "Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple."- Regina Brett.
- "I think it annoys God if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."- Alice Walker, 'The Color Purple.
- "I like to write with a lot of emotion and a lot of power. Sometimes I overdo it; sometimes my prose is a little bit too purple, and I know that."- H. G. Bissinger.
- "When I'm with Purple, I'm total with Purple; when I'm doing my thing, I'm totally doing my own thing."- Tommy Bolin.
- "Everything changes when a man becomes purple."- Charlie McDonnell.
- "Better keep the young on lemons and lavender until they've reached the age of discretion."- Henry Miller, 'Big Sur And The Oranges Of Hieronymus Bosch
- "Womanist is to feminist as purple is to lavender."- Alice Walker
- "Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars."- J. K. Rowling, ' Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix'
- "Purple is my favorite color. It makes me think of spring and summer. A purple dress, eating grapes, lilacs - I love purple."- Angela Yee "The range in brightness from the purple glow of the sunset to the dark sky above is too great for most films, and naturally it is beyond the range of printed pictures."- James Elkins, 'How to Use Your Eyes
- "Deep Purple is a....good band and we've made a niche in rock 'n' roll history. Maybe not a huge one but enough to be very proud of."- Jon Lord.
- "If you want to make a statement, wear purple."- Baron Davis.
- "Black is not as good as purple."- Ralph Lauren.
- "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart."- Donald Trump
Well, those are several famous Purple quotes collected from some purple movies. Hope you like them!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness