65 Depression Quotes That Will Help You Feel BetterAug 02, 2021 11:55 PM Depression Quotes - Photo by Anna Tarazevich from Pexels
Tripboba.com - Depression is a mood disorder that can cause a feeling of sadness and lack of interest. It is common mental health that has affected so many people.
There are a lot of reasons why a person is diagnosed with depression. When it comes to depression, even the richest person or famous celebrity can't handle it.
On this page, we have rounded up 66 depression quotes to make everyone who suffers from depression feel not alone.
Quotes About DepressionDepression Quotes - Photo by Engin Akyurt from Pexelsy
Depression quotes and sayings can provide insight into what it's like living with depression. We hope you are not the one who suffers from depression.
Whether you need inspiration from depression quotes, here we share with you some of the depression quotes. These quotes are available to remind you there are treatments for depression.
- “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”― Laurell K. Hamilton, Mistral's Kiss
- “That's the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end.”― Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
- “Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also harder to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say “My tooth is aching” than to say “My heart is broken.”― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
- “Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?”― John Keats, Letters of John Keats
- “There is no point treating a depressed person as though she were just feeling sad, saying, 'There now, hang on, you'll get over it.' Sadness is more or less like a head cold- with patience, it passes. Depression is like cancer.”― Barbara Kingsolver, The Bean Trees
- “Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression.”― Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle
- “I believe that words are strong, that they can overwhelm what we fear when fear seems more awful than life is good.”― Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression
- “You say you're 'depressed' - all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn't mean you're defective - it just means you're human.”― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.”― Amit Ray, Om Chanting and Meditation
- “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone.” — Dwayne Johnson
- “Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.” ― Stephen Fry
- “People who have never dealt with depression think it’s just being sad or being in a bad mood. That’s not what depression is for me; it’s falling into a state of grayness and numbness.” — Dan Reynolds
- “I go through a lot of depression, and I know other people do, too, but I have an outlet that so many people don’t. If you have that inside of you and can’t get it out, what do you do?” – Billie Eilish
- “It’s so difficult to describe depression to someone who’s never been there because it’s not sadness. I know sadness. Sadness is to cry and to feel. But it’s that cold absence of feeling—that hollowed-out feeling.” —J.K. Rowling
Sad and Depression QuotesDepression Quotes - Photo by Polina Zimmerman from Pexels
When you suffer from daily depression, you need to remember that you are not alone in this world. Many people around you care for you and feel your pain.
Don't let your stress be unmanaged. You still have family, friends, and professionals to help. Besides, positive sad and depression quotes can be used to make you motivated.
- “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.”-Jean de La Fontaine
- “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.”-Kahlil Gibran
- “One must not let oneself be overwhelmed by sadness.“-Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- “The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.”-Jim Rohn
- “We must understand that sadness is an ocean, and sometimes we drown, while other days we are forced to swim.”-R.M. Drake
- “The way sadness works is one of the strange riddles of the world. If you are stricken with great sadness, you may feel as if you have been set aflame, not only because of the enormous pain but also because your sadness may spread over your life, like smoke from an enormous fire.”-Lemony Snicket
- “There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.”-Nicholas Sparks
- “Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative you can get beyond your pain or negativity.”-Yoko Ono
- “Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!”-Dita Von Teese
- “They say it’s better to bury your sadness in a graveyard or garden that waits for the spring to wake from its sleep and burst into green.”-Conor Oberst
- “We never taste a perfect joy; our happiest successes are mixed with sadness.”-Pierre Corneille
- “The good life is not one immune to sadness but one in which suffering contributes to our development.”-Alain de Botton
- “Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can ever see and feel.”-Tupac Shakur
- “Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear are not ‘yours,’ not personal. They are conditions of the human mind. They come and go. Nothing that comes and goes is you.”-Eckhart Tolle
Anxiety and Depression Quotes
If you are feeling anxious and in a hard place mentally, these motivational depression quotes might be what you need to make yourself stronger and feel better.
- “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Present fears are less than horrible imaginings.” – William Shakespeare
- “You have dug your soul out of the dark, you have fought to be here; do not go back to what buried you.” – Bianca Sparacino
- “Hey you, keep living. It won’t always be this overwhelming.” – Jacqueline Whitney
- “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest taken between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
- “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” – Winston Churchill
- “If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.” – Dean Smith
- “Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all, it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.” – Ali Ibn Abi Talib
- “It’s OKAY to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.” – Mandy Hale
- “Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it—just as we have learned to live with storms.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Stop your whining. If you are frightened, be silent. Whining is for prey. It attracts predators. And you are not prey.” – Robin Hobb
- “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” – Roy Bennett
- “The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.” – Charles F. Glassman
Suicidal Depression QuotesDepression Quotes - Photo by Polina Zimmerman from Pexels
It's not always easy to express yourself and the emotions you are feeling. Sometimes it's refreshing to read a few words that illustrate your feeling.
However, these suicidal depression quotes will encourage you to escape from suicidal thoughts.
- "It is always consoling to think of suicide: in that way, one gets through many a bad night."—Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note." —Gore Vidal
- "Early on, if I was alone two or three nights in a row, I’d start writing poems about suicide."—Jack Nicholson
- "We cannot tear out a single page of our life, but we can throw the whole book in the fire."—George Sand
- "People rarely bring flowers to a suicide."—Jennifer Niven
- "We couldn’t imagine the emptiness of a creature who put a razor to her wrists and opened her veins, the emptiness, and the calm."—Jeffrey Eugenides
- "Death is easy. To live is the most painful thing I could imagine and I’m weak and no longer willing to fight."—Hannah Wright
- "The walls of her room are screaming out loud all of the secrets that she’s held onto for all these years, every tear that broke her heart and slashed her wrist, and every memory that rips apart her soul. And to this day, she still can't breathe." —Anonymous
- Suicide seemed to be the greatest kind of freedom, a release from everything, from a life that had been ruined a long time ago."—Natascha Kampusch
- "Suicide is the role you write for yourself. You inhabit it and you enact it. All carefully staged—where they will find you and how they will find you. But one performance only." —Philip Roth
- "Death is life’s way of telling you you’re fired. Suicide is your way of telling life you quit."—Anonymous
- "To run away from trouble is a form of cowardice and, while it is true that the suicide braves death, he does it not for some noble object but to escape some ill."—Aristotle
- "She already felt dead in everything but name. What remained to be taken from her—She longed to be enfolded, welcomed, into the earth—to breathe no more, love no more, hurt no more."—Alan Brennert
- "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."—Phil Donahue
- "Perhaps the saddest irony of depression is that suicide happens when the patient gets a little better and can again function sufficiently."—Dick Cavett
- "Gay teenagers are four times as likely to attempt suicide as straight ones. I wish they knew that there’s nothing wrong with them; that they are just a different shade of normal."—Jodi Picoult
- "Suicide is not a blot on anyone’s name; it is a tragedy."—Kay Redfield Jamison
- "The only difference between suicide and martyrdom is press coverage."—Chuck Palahniuk
- "Women are constantly trying to commit suicide for love, but generally they take care not to succeed."—W. Somerset Maugham
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness