65+ Mae West Quotes from the "American Stage and Film Actress."Jul 29, 2021 10:54 PM Mae West Quotes - Photo by footwearnews from Pinterest
Tripboba.com - Mae Jane West or well known as Mae West was an American stage and film actress born on August 17, 1893, in Brooklyn, New York.
She was also a sex symbol whose frank sensuality, languid postures, and blase wisecracking became her trademark. Besides, her quotes are also carrying inspiration for those who need it.
So, in this article, we are collected some Mae West quotes that you should know about her who is considered to be the wittiest sex goddess and forthright woman in that era.
Let's get started by reading the following list of Mae West quotes as Tripboba has compiled below!
Famous Mae West Quotes
Here are some Mae West quotes that you can copy-paste.
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
- “There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out.”
- “I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.”
- “Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.”
- “I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it.”
- “Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.”
- "Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.”
- “When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better. ”
- “I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.”
- “I'm single because I was born that way.”
- “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.”
- “I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.”
Quotes by Mae WestMae West Quotes - Photo by Thevintagenews from Pinterest
Her thoughts and quotes tackled the most serious and sensitive topics in the wittiest way, so scroll down to the Mae West quotes below.
- “Ladies who play with fire must remember that smoke gets in their eyes.”
- “A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.”
- “Marriage is a fine institution, but I'm not ready for an institution.”
- “It's not the men in your life that matters, it's the life in your men.”
- “Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.”
- “All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.”
- “Sex is an emotion in motion.”
- “I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.”
- “Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.”
- “Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often.”
- “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!”
- “I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.”
- “It is better to be looked over than overlooked.”
- “I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.”
- “Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly.”
- “Don't keep a man guessing too long - he's sure to find the answer somewhere else”
- “You are never too old to become younger!”
- “Love thy neighbor -- and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier.”
- “Women like a man with a past, but they prefer a man with a present.”
- “He who hesitates is a damned fool.”
- “Look your best - who said love is blind? ”
Mae West Quotes When I'm GoodMae West Quotes - Photo by popsugar from Pinterest
The only quote about Mae West about When I'm good...
- “When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better. ”
Quotes from Mae West
The American Film Institute recognized her contribution to American cinema. To get nostalgic, you can see the following Mae West quotes below.
- “His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.”
- “A woman in love can't be reasonable--or she probably wouldn't be in love.”
- “To err is human - but it feels divine.”
- “Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”
- “I have found men who didn't know how to kiss. I've always found time to teach them.”
- “If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!”
- “Men are my hobby, if I ever got married I'd have to give it up.”
- “Getting married is like trading in the adoration of many for the sarcasm of one.”
- “When women go wrong, men go right after them.”
- “Good women are no fun... The only good woman I can recall in history was Betsy Ross. And all she ever made was a flag.”
- “The curve is more powerful than the sword.”
- “Love conquers all things except poverty and toothache.”
- “I've no time for broads who want to rule the world alone. Without men, who'd do up the zipper on the back of your dress?”
- “I never loved another person the way I loved myself.”
- “The score never interested me, only the game.”
- “Keep a diary and one day it'll keep you.”
- “She's the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success wrong by wrong.”
- “I've been things and seen places.”
- “Women with pasts interest men because they hope history will repeat itself.”
- “I only read biographies, metaphysics and psychology. I can dream up my own fiction.”
- “I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of action.”
- “An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises.”
- “One more drink and I'll be under the host.”
- “A man’s kiss is his signature.”
- “Everyone has the right to run his own life- even if you're heading for a crash. What I'm against is blind flying.”
- “Love isn't an emotion or an instinct - it's an art.”
Mae West Movie Quotes
Here are some Mae West quotes from the movies.
- “When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”MAE WEST - The Frisco Doll
- “I'm the girl that works at Paramount all day, and Fox all night.”MAE WEST - Marlo Manners
- “A figure with curves offers a lot of interesting angles.”MAE WEST - Tira
- “Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.”MAE WEST - Flower Belle Lee
- “Husband number six meet husband number four.”MAE WEST - Marlo Manners
- “Listen, when women go wrong, men go right after them.”MAE WEST - Lady Lou
- “I've never seen that position before.”MAE WEST - Marlo Manners
- “I generally avoid temptation... unless I can't resist it.”MAE WEST - Flower Belle Lee
- “Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?”MAE WEST - Marlo Manners
- “A real farmer. He spent his childhood in the wheat, and his marriage in the hay.”MAE WEST - Marlo Manners
Thank you for visiting Tripboba and reading all about Mae West quotes above. Hope you like it!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness
36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids Between the Age of 4-15 Years!
36 Instagram Story Questions to Get Closer With Your Followers