75+ Inspirational Lighthouse Quotes and SayingsJul 19, 2021 10:17 PM Lighthouse Quotes - Photo by anspun dari Pixabay
Tripboba.com - A Lighthouse is a tower that has a brilliant light from its top and is considered as a sign of inspiration as it directs people the right way.
In the earlier days, ships depended a lot on lighthouses to discover their directions in the dark when they are exploring the sea. Since then, a lighthouse has evolved into a symbol of expectation and direction in the lives of others.
In this article, Tripboba has compiled some Lighthouse quotes about everything, including from the movie and Bible.
Let's check it out!
The Lighthouse Quotes
Here are some lighthouse quotes that you can copy-paste.
- "It's The Calm Before The Storm, Winslow."
- "I Tend The Light."
- "Boredom Makes Men To Villains."
- "You Think You're So High And Mighty Just Because You're A Damned Lighthouse Keeper?"
- "Let Neptune Strike You Dead Winslow!"
- "Just Like Any Man - Trying To Settle Down Quiet-Like With Some Earnings."
- "Bad Luck To Kill A Seabird."
- "The Others, Still Blind, Yet In It See All The Divine Graces ..."
- "How Long Have We Been On This Rock? Five Weeks? Two Days? Help Me Recollect."
- "Why Did You Spill Your Beans?"
The Lighthouse Quotes MovieLighthouse Quotes - Photo by engineermikey from Flickr
The Lighthouse is a film that was directed and produced by Robert Eggers in 2019.
- Now, you can see the following Lighthouse quotes from the movie below.
- "Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men into villains." Thomas Wake
- "How long have we been on this rock? Five weeks? Two days? Where are we?"Thomas Wake
- "Should pale death, with treble dread, make the ocean caves our bed, God who hears the surges roll, deign to save the suppliant soul. To four weeks." Thomas Wake
- "It's bad luck to leave a toast unfinished, lad."Thomas Wake
- "Meaning no disrespect."Ephraim Winslow
- "A man what don't drink, best have his reasons."Thomas Wake
- "Ain't it, I had understood it's against regulations, sir."Ephraim Winslow
- "Then you do as I say. That's in your book too." Thomas Wake
- "The cistern needs a look too. One of your duties, lad. Or didn't you read it yourself about it? You will clean the brass and the clockwork, and you tidy the quarters after. There's well more to be mended outside. You hear me, lad?"Thomas Wake
- "When the fog clears, you will work through the dog watch."Thomas Wake
- "Dogging it? I was expecting to have to see to the lantern."Ephraim Winslow
Lighthouse Beacon Quotes
Here are the other Lighthouse quotes:
- "Let those who drink not, but austerely dine, dry up in law; the Muses smell of wine." - Author: Horace
- "Most women are one man away from welfare." - Author: Gloria Steinem
- "Impressive, most impressive." - Author: George Lucas
- "I think it would be charitable to believe that he was mistaken about." - Author: L.M. Montgomery
- "I'm going to put a diamond on you the size of a lighthouse beacon. There won't be a man in this city who doesn't know you're married." - Author: Kristen Painter
- "I was a manual laborer. I figured out really early on that the value of my life could be determined by my hourly rate as a manual laborer digging holes." - Author: Cliff Curtis
- "These are all I have. I do not have the wide, bright beacon of some solid old lighthouse, guiding ships safely home, past the jagged rocks. I only have these little glimmers that flicker and then go out." - Author: Rebecca Wells
- "Rock star do not jump!" The launch was cutting sharply, its skipper calling out a phrase that bore no relationship to the English language as Amy knew it. "Rock star in a hurry!" Nellie replied, one foot on the boat's gunwale." - Author: Peter Lerangis
- "Black-met black on the distant horizon, the stars alone distinguishing the sky from the lake. On the sand below, Silver Beach glittered at the water's edge while on the north side of the river the lighthouse's beacon signaled safe harbor." - Author: Erin Farwell
- "The author reveals a cultural change that took place when clergy were paid based on a tax on the land's value rather than what it produced. This meant that, while parishioners could suffer through a terrible year, clergy would always have a comfortable one." - Author: Bill Bryson
Lighthouse Quotes from the BibleLighthouse Quotes - Photo by whidom88 from Flickr
In this part, you will see the following list of the Lighthouse quotes from Bible.
- "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
- "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."Psalm 119:105
- “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16
- "Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling!"Psalm 43:3
- "Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"Psalm 43:3
- "Listen to me in silence, O coastlands; let the peoples renew their strength; let them approach, then let them speak; let us together draw near for judgment. Who stirred up one from the east whom victory meets at every step? He gives up nations before him, so that he tramples kings underfoot; he makes them like dust with his sword, like driven stubble with his bow. He pursues them and passes on safely, by paths his feet have not trod. Who has performed and done this, calling the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he. The coastlands have seen and are afraid; the ends of the earth tremble; they have drawn near and come. ..."Isaiah 27:1
- "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success."Joshua 1:8
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.John 1:8
- "Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And this we will do if God permits. For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, ..."Hebrews 6:1-20
Lighthouse Quotes and Sayings
More about the Lighthouse quotes and sayings.
- “God built lighthouses to see people through storms. Then he built storms to remind people to find lighthouses.”― Shannon L. Alder
- “I wish to spend a lifetime near a lighthouse where loneliness will be the glimmer of luminous prancing upon ocean waves… rising and falling only for my breathing.”― Munia Khan
- “The trouble with drowning in the mess of your own life is that you're not in any shape to save anyone else. You can't be a lighthouse when you're underwater yourself.”― Lisa Wingate, The Prayer Box
- “Lighthouses are not just stone, brick, metal, and glass. There's a human story at every lighthouse; that's the story I want to tell.”― Elinor DeWire
- “I feel that we’re all lighthouses, and my job is to shine my light as brightly as I can to the darkness.”― Jim Carrey
- “If you close your eyes, no lighthouse can help you!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “We can _start_ making Christmas and Santa can finish up.”― Toni Buzzeo
- “The Rottnest Light is a stumpy middle finger sticking up from a rocky rise, grunting, "Sit on this, mate.”― David Mitchell, The Bone Clocks
- “Fawn supposed Black's treaty had been made long ago. He was tall and unwavering, like one of the shaded lighthouses scattered across Cadoett's waters. How many ships were still lost? How many sailors never made it home? Black was resolute, and the mountain appeared to empower him.”― Ella Rose Carlos, A Long Lost Fantasy
- “Far from the shore stands the grey lighthouse, above sunken slimy rocks that are seen when the tide is low, but unseen when the tide is high. Past that beacon for a century have swept the majestic barques of the seven seas. In the days of my grandfather there were many; in the days of my father not so many; and now there are so few that I sometimes feel strangely alone, as though I were the last man on our planet.”― H.P. Lovecraft, The White Ship
Lighthouse Quotes Love
The last one is about the Lighthouse quotes about love, make sure you choose your favorite quotes below!
- “A good book is a lighthouse; a wise man is a lighthouse; conscience is a lighthouse; compassion is a lighthouse; science is a lighthouse.”
- “A lighthouse doesn’t save the ships; it doesn’t go out and rescue them, it’s just this pillar that helps to guide people home.”
- “A lighthouse is not interested in who gets its light! It just gives it without thinking. Giving light is its nature.”
- “And it was a most remarkable, a most moving glance, as if for a moment a lighthouse had looked at me.”
- “At some time, often when we least expect it, we all have to face overwhelming challenges. When the unthinkable happens, the lighthouse is hope.”
- “Don’t ever let anyone put out your light because they are blinded by it.”
- “Don’t forget that maybe you are the lighthouse in someone’s storm.”
- “Every man should use his intellect, not as he uses his lamp in the study, only for his own seeing, but as the lighthouse uses its lamps, that those far off on the seas may see the shining, and learn their way.”
- “For nothing was simply one thing.”
- “Friends are like Lighthouses, with the sources of light coming from their hearts.”
- “He slept that night thinking of love and lighthouses. That one love might shine to bring all loves home.”
- “I can think of no other edifice constructed by man as altruistic as a lighthouse. They were built only to serve.”
- “I forgot and left the lighthouse all night. Next day the sun wouldn’t rise.”
- “If you are a lighthouse, you cannot hide yourself; if you hide yourself, you cannot be a lighthouse.”
- “If you open your eyes very wide and look around you carefully, you will always see a lighthouse which will lead you to the right path! Just watch around you carefully.”
- “Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse while all others were making ships.”
- “Is the beam from a lighthouse affected by howling wind and rain? It remains perfectly steadfast and unaffected by the storm. Your true self is like that. Nothing can ever harm you once you are consciously aware that it is so.”
- “It’s about how you’re like a lighthouse, always searching far into the distance. But the thing you’re looking for is usually close to you and always has been.”
- “Lighthouses are endlessly suggestive signifiers of both human isolation and our ultimate connectedness to each other. ”
- “Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.”
- “Lighthouses don’t get all wobbly when the weather gets rough; they just stand there shining.”
- “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.”
- “Like the vital rudder of a ship, we have been provided a way to determine the direction we travel.”
- “Look to the lighthouse of the Lord. There is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what its beacon light can rescue.”
- “Love is like a lighthouse, a beacon in the dark. When you lose the path that lights your way, you feel that you have died, but I assure you, you have not.”
- “Man must behave like a lighthouse; he must shine day and night for the goodness of everyman.”
- “Open your eyes and look around carefully at the moments when you think you have failed, because the lighthouse of success mysteriously appears amongst the fog at those very moments.”
- “She is like a revolving lighthouse; pitch darkness alternating with a dazzling brilliancy!”
- “Some women are built by the fire. Yet, there are some that are FIRE!”
Thank you for reading all about the Lighthouse above. Hope you like it!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness