All About Indian Quotes: 80 Best Quotes That Are InspiringAug 13, 2021 04:00 PM Photo by Boston Public Library from Unsplash
Tripboba.com - Indian, can have different meanings if you don't know the context. The word Indian can be referred to the native Americans and the people of India.
In this article, you can read some of the famous Indian quotes, from both Indian the native and Indian the people.
Famous Indian Quotes
If you're looking for inspiration and motivation, you can look at the Indian quotes below. These quotes are the wise words from famous Indian, native American, that will surely inspire your life. Let's check 'em out!
- "Being Indian is an attitude, a state of mind, a way of being in harmony with all things and all beings. It is allowing the heart to be the distributor of energy on this planet; to allow feelings and sensitivities to determine where energy goes; bringing aliveness up from the Earth and from the Sky, putting it in and giving it out from the heart." – Brooke Medicine Eagle
- "I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself." – Lone Man (Isna-la-wica), Teton Sioux
- "If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." – Chief Dan George, Tsleil-Waututh Nation, British Columbia, Canada
- "It was supposed that lost spirits were roving about everywhere in the invisible air, waiting for children to find them if they searched long and patiently enough…[The spirit] sang its spiritual song for the child to memorize and use when calling upon the spirit guardian as an adult." – Mourning Dove [Christine Quintasket], Salish
- "Once I was in Victoria, and I saw a very large house. They told me it was a bank and that the white men place their money there to be taken care of, and that by and by they got it back with interest. We are Indians and we have no such bank; but when we have plenty of money or blankets, we give them away to other chiefs and people, and by and by they return them with interest, and our hearts feel good. Our way of giving is our bank." – Chief Maquinna, Nootka
- "The American Indian is of the soil, whether it be the region of forests, plains, pueblos, or mesas. He fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings. He once grew as naturally as the wild sunflowers, he belongs just as the buffalo belonged…." – Luther Standing Bear, Oglala Sioux Chief
- "The idea of a full dress for preparation for a battle comes not from a belief that it will add to the fighting ability. The preparation is for death, in case that should be the result of the conflict. Every Indian wants to look his best when he goes to meet the Great Spirit, so the dressing up is done whether in imminent danger is an oncoming battle or a sickness or injury at times of peace." – Wooden Leg (late 19th century) Cheyenne
- "The land is sacred. These words are at the core of your being. The land is our mother, the rivers our blood. Take our land away and we die. That is, the Indian in us dies." – Mary Brave Bird, Lakota
- "There is no death. Only a change of worlds." – Chief Seattle [Seatlh], Suquamish Chief
- "This war did not spring up on our land, this war was brought upon us by the children of the Great Father who came to take our land without a price, and who, in our land, do a great many evil things… This war has come from robbery – from the stealing of our land." – Spotted Tail
- "We are now about to take our leave and kind farewell to our native land, the country the Great Spirit gave our Fathers, we are on the eve of leaving that country that gave us birth, it is with sorrow we are forced by the white man to quit the scenes of our childhood…we bid farewell to it and all we hold dear." – Charles Hicks, Tsalagi (Cherokee) Vice Chief speaking of the Trail of Tears, November 4, 1838
- "We learned to be patient observers like the owl. We learned cleverness from the crow, and courage from the jay, who will attack an owl ten times its size to drive it off its territory. But above all of them ranked the chickadee because of its indomitable spirit." – Tom Brown, Jr., The Tracker
- "We, the great mass of the people think only of the love we have for our land, we do love the land where we were brought up. We will never let our hold to this land go, to let it go it will be like throwing away (our) mother that gave (us) birth." – Letter from Aitooweyah to John Ross, Principal Chief of the Cherokee.
- "When a white army battles Indians and wins, it is called a great victory, but if they lose it is called a massacre." – Chiksika, Shawnee
- "When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." – Chief Aupumut in 1725, Mohican.
Indian Quotes on LifePhoto by Julian Yu from Unsplash
Well, in this part, the Indian quotes will be the Indian people. You may have heard plenty of great Indian figures in history. These lists below can be your other lists to read. Let's take a look!
- "A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave."
- "A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes."
- "Action expresses priorities."
- "Action is no less necessary than thought to the instinctive tendencies of the human frame."
- "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it."
- "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth."
- "I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps."
- "I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and Non-violence are as old as the hills. All I have done is to try experiments in both on as vast a scale as I could."
- "Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
- "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
- "Nobody can hurt me without my permission."
- "Poverty is the worst form of violence."
- "Rights that do not flow from duty well performed are not worth having."
- "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
- "That service is the noblest which is rendered for its own sake."
- "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
- "The pursuit of truth does not permit violence on one's opponent."
- "There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supercedes all other courts."
- "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
- "You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."
Indian Quotes About Life
There are numerous Indian figures with its wisdoms to look up to. Gandhi is one of the greatest leaders in India's history. These lists of Indian quotes can be your best references. Let's check 'em out!
- "A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act."
- "A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble."
- "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
- "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
- "I have also seen children successfully surmounting the effects of an evil inheritance. That is due to purity being an inherent attribute of the soul."
- "I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."
- "If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide."
- "Is it not enough to know the evil to shun it? If not, we should be sincere enough to admit that we love evil too well to give it up."
- "It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
- "It is the quality of our work which will please God and not the quantity."
- "Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good."
- "Non-violence and truth are inseparable and presuppose one another."
- "Non-violence is the article of faith."
- "Peace is its own reward."
- "Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart."
- "The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within."
- "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
- "There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."
- "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."
Indian Inspirational QuotesPhoto by Naveed Ahmed from Unsplash
If you're needing more of Indian quotes for your daily inspiration, these lists below should be your best words to look up. Let's check 'em out!
- "A policy is a temporary creed liable to be changed, but while it holds good it has got to be pursued with apostolic zeal."
- "Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well."
- "Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances."
- "Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into."
- "In a gentle way, you can shake the world."
- "In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."
- "Increase of material comforts, it may be generally laid down, does not in any way whatsoever conduce to moral growth."
- "Interdependence is and ought to be as much the ideal of man as self-sufficiency. Man is a social being."
- "It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."
- "My life is my message."
- "Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening."
- "Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory."
- "The good man is the friend of all living things."
- "The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of conscience."
- "There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed."
- "Those who know how to think need no teachers."
- "Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear."
- "Truth never damages a cause that is just."
- "We do not need to proselytise either by our speech or by our writing. We can only do so really with our lives. Let our lives be open books for all to study."
- "We may never be strong enough to be entirely nonviolent in thought, word and deed. But we must keep nonviolence as our goal and make strong progress towards it."
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness