80 Inspiring Self Reliance Quotes For Your Best Daily Dose!Aug 16, 2021 06:00 PM Photo by Ben White from Unsplash
Tripboba.com - Self-reliance is seen to be something that is extremely different these days. It is associated with getting rid of any human-made system. Simply rebellion.
These self reliance quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson will show you the beginning of such idea.
Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes Self Reliance
You may have heard many people come up with the idea of getting rid of systems, which they see as obstacles and they tend to rely on themselves. This idea of rebel was actually far away from the very first idea of self reliance itself.
You can check these self reliance taken from R. W. Emerson himself. Let’s check ‘em out!
- "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divine."
- "A man is to carry himself in the presence of all opposition, as if every thing were titular and ephemeral but he. I am ashamed to think how easily we capitulate to badges and names, to large societies and dead institutions"
- "Always do what you are afraid to do."
- "Before a leaf-bud has burst, its whole life acts; in the full-blown flower there is no more; in the leafless root there is no less."
- "Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true."
- "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- "Do the things at which you are great, not what you were never made for."
- "He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time."
- "If we live truly, we shall see truly."
- "Infancy conforms to nobody: all conform to it."
- "Let us answer a book of ink with a book of flesh and blood."
- "My life is for itself and not for a spectacle."
- "Nothing can bring you peace but yourself."
- "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
- "There is a time in every man’s education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide."
- "To be great is to be misunderstood."
- "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
- "What have I to do with the sacredness of traditions, if I live wholly from within?"
- "Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist."
- “Be yourself; no base imitator of another, but your best self. There is something which you can do better than another.”
Keep reading for more inspiring self reliance quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson for your best daily inspiration and motivation!
Emerson Self Reliance QuotesPhoto by Alexandra Kirr from Unsplash
Ralph Waldo Emerson on self reliance quotes really urges everyone to be independent in a way that life should be always that way. These quotes from his book will be your best inspiration about why being independent. Let’s check ‘em out!
- "Act singly, and what you have already done singly will justify you now. Greatness appeals to the future."
- "For nonconformity the world whips you with its displeasure. And therefore a man must know how to estimate a sour face."
- "God will not have his work made manifest by cowards."
- "I am ashamed to think how easily we capitulate to badges and names, to large societies and dead institutions."
- "It is easy to live for others, everybody does. I call on you to live for yourself."
- "Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say ‘I think,’ ‘I am,’ but quotes some saint or sage."
- "Misunderstood! It is a right fool's word. Is it so bad then to be misunderstood?"
- "Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world."
- "The great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."
- "Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string."
- “If it is to be, it is up to me.” – William H. Johnsen
- “It is easy to live for others, everybody does. I call on you to live for yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Only he who is self-supporting is free, self-reliant, independent.” – James Allen
- “Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one’s own person is its ultimate reward.” – Patricia Sampson
- “The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.” – Anonymous
- “The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The secret of fortune is joy in our hands. Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man. For him all doors are flung wide. Him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire. Our love goes out to him and embraces him because he did not need it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone.” – Henrik Ibsen
- “There is no dependence that can be sure but a dependence upon one’s self.” – John Gay
- “You don’t have to worry about burning bridges, if you’re building your own.” – Kerry E. Wagner
Quotes About Self Reliance
The Self Reliance of Ralph Waldo Emerson inspired many people to start thinking about self-sufficient and getting rid of dependency on other people.
If you’re looking for inspiring words from him, these self reliance quotes will give you the best insights into his thoughts. Let’s take a look!
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Associate with the noblest people you can find; read the best books; live with the mighty. But learn to be happy alone. Rely upon your own energies, and so not wait for, or depend on other people.” – Thomas Davidson
- “Chance never helps those who do not help themselves.” – Sophocles
- “Don’t ask of your friends what you yourself can do.” – Quintus Ennius
- “For it is in your power to retire into yourself whenever you choose.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “If you think you can do it, or you think you can’t do it, You are right.” – Henry Ford
- “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Independence, freedom, glorious liberty come through labor and not from idleness, and the self-reliant man is to strong, too honorable, too upright to depend upon others like a sucking babe, for his support.” – James Allen
- “Learn to depend upon yourself by doing things in accordance with your own thinking.” – Grenville Kleiser
- “No one can cheat you out of ultimate success but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The highest manifestation of life consists in this: that a being governs its own actions. A thing which is always subject to the direction of another is somewhat of a dead thing.” – Thomas Aquinas
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The proverb warns that, “You should not bite the hand that feeds you.” But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself.” – Thomas Stephen Szasz
- “There can not be anything mean in self-reliance, while in self-conceit there cannot be anything great.” – James Allen
- “There’s no one to stop you but yourself.” – David Thomas
- “Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.” – Wayne Dyer
- “You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
Self-Reliance QuotesPhoto by Taylor Wright from Unsplash
Self reliance quotes below are the lists of wise words and sayings from various thoughts and ideas that you can apply in your life. Being independent can be the best way of life, who knows?
Let’s check ‘em out!
- “A person who is self-reliant, positive, optimistic, and undertakes his work with the assurance of success magnetizes his condition. He draws to himself the creative powers of the universe.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.” – Francis Bacon
- “Be yourself; no base imitator of another, but your best self. There is something which you can do better than another. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. Do the things at which you are great, not what you were never made for.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Certainty is a great element in self-reliance. To have weight, a man must have some truth to impart, and all skill is a communication of truth.” – James Allen
- “I’d rather die my way than live yours.” – Lauren Oliver
- “If we rely upon the light of another, darkness will overtake us, but if we rely upon our own light we have but to keep it burning.” – James Allen
- “If you depend on others for your value, it is ‘other-worth’, not ‘self-worth’.” – Wayne Dyer
- “If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Independence is the birthright of the strong and well-controlled man.” – James Allen
- “Insist on yourself; never imitate.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It is folly for a man to pray to the gods for that which he has the power to obtain by himself.” – Epicurus
- “Life gives exams and unless you learn from your mistakes you are doomed to repeat them.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “No one can be great, or good, or happy except through the inward efforts of themselves.” – Frederick W. Robertson
- “No one can really pull you up very high-you lose your grip on the rope. But on your own two feet you can climb mountains.” – Louis Brandeis
- “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” – John Stuart Mill
- “Self reliance, always. And cheerfulness.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Self-trust is the essence of heroism.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The best bet is to bet on yourself.” – Arnold Glasow
- “The best things in life must come by effort from within, not by gifts from the outside.” – Fred Corson
- “To find yourself, think for yourself.” – Socrates
- “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness