City Quotes: 90 Top and Memorable Quotes from Iconic Movies You Can’t Miss!Aug 10, 2021 11:15 PM City Quotes - Photo by ben o'bro from Unsplash
Tripboba.com - We are here to share all you need to know about city quotes that are related to popular movies, such as Sex and the City, City of Angel, Broad City, as well as City of Amber.
These movies are totally different from one another, but somehow find their ways into this article of city quotes that can inspire you.
So, you definitely don’t want to miss Tripboba’s topic today. Let’s check them out!
Sex and the City Quotes
Who doesn’t know Sex and the City series? You know how popular this show is and you probably have been a fan since its beginning. If you’re looking for inspiration from the show or you’re just missing it, the following city quotes from the show will be a nostalgic moment for you.
Let’s find out what each character has to say about things – this is going to be fun!
- “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “Welcome to the age of un-innocence. No one has breakfast at Tiffany’s and no one has affairs to remember.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “When men attempt bold gestures, generally it’s considered romantic. When women do it, it’s often considered desperate or psycho.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “I’ve spent $40,000 on shoes and I have no place to live? I will literally be the old woman who lived in her shoes!” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us and understand us and kiss our three heads and make it all better.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “Maybe the best any of us can do is not to quit, play the hand we’ve been given, and accessorize the outfit we got.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “No matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never go through it without your friends.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “I don’t believe in the Republican party or the Democratic party. I just believe in parties.” – Samantha Jones
- “I don’t understand why women are so obsessed with getting married? I mean married people just want to be single again, if you’re single the world is your smorgasbord.” – Samantha Jones
- “The good ones screw you, the bad ones screw you, and the rest don’t know how to screw you.” – Samantha Jones
- “It’s so interesting, you can tell a man I hate you and you’ll have the best sex of your life, but tell him I love you, and you’ll probably never see him again.” – Samantha Jones
- “The country runs better with a good looking man in the White House. I mean, look what happened with Nixon. No one wanted to f— him, so he f—ed everyone.” – Samantha Jones
- “I’ve been dating since I was fifteen! I’m exhausted! Where is he?” – Charlotte York
- “Maybe we can be each other’s soul mates. And then we can let men be just these great, nice guys to have fun with.” – Charlotte York
- “My marriage is a fake Fendi.” – Charlotte York
- “One woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure.” – Charlotte York
- “I’m nice. I’m pretty and smart! I’m a catch!” – Charlotte York
- “Do you know how lucky you are to have me?” – Charlotte York
- “Could you please not use the f-word in Vera Wang?” – Charlotte York
- “Allow me to get right to the point. After careful consideration, I have decided that this is the year I am getting married.” – Charlotte York
- “For something called a fling, it looks like a lot of work.” – Charlotte York
- “The only thing worse than being thirty-four and single is being thirty-four and divorced.” – Charlotte York
- “It takes half the total time you went out with someone to get over them.” – Charlotte York
- “I read that if you don’t have sex for a year, you can actually become ‘revirginized.’” – Charlotte York
- “Relationships are not about playing games. They’re about mature and honest communication.” – Miranda Hobbes
- “Do any of you have a completely unremarkable friend or maybe a houseplant I could go to dinner with on Saturday night?” – Miranda Hobbes
- “He doesn’t even know me. The least he could do is get to know me before he rejects me.” – Miranda Hobbes
- “Sometimes, as much as I love Brady, being a mother just isn’t enough. I miss my job.” – Miranda Hobbes
- “He was looking into my eyes, I was looking for the remote.” – Miranda Hobbes
- “If a man is over thirty and single there’s something wrong with him. It’s Darwinian, they’re being weeded out from propagating the species.” – Miranda Hobbes
City of Angel Quotes
If fantasy/romance is your kind of movies, you’ll totally love this classic City of Angel. This 1998 movie has made quite a number in the box office, and loved by many. Even until today, it’s a go-to movie for many.
The movie is starring Nicolas Cage (Seth) and Meg Ryan (Dr. Maggie Rice) in leading roles. One day Seth meets Maggie and falls in love with her, which is a choice that changes everything for him.
In this section of the article of city quotes, Tripboba will reveal some of the best and memorable quotes from the movie that you want to make sure reading. Let’s check it out!
- “When they ask me what I liked the best, I'll tell them, it was you.” - Dr. Maggie Rice
- “I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than an eternity without it.” - Seth
- “What good would wings be if you couldn't feel the wind on your face?” - Dr. Maggie Rice
- “I don't understand a God who would let us meet, if there's no way we could ever be together.” - Dr. Maggie Rice
- “Some things are true whether you believe them or not.” - Seth
- “Those eyes. The way he looked right... right down into me.” - Dr. Maggie Rice
- "No dying now, Mr. Messenger. Not until you give me Seth's phone number." - Dr. Maggie Rice
- "To touch you, and to feel you. To be able to hold your hand right now. Do you know what that means to me? Do you? Do you know how much I love you?" - Seth
- "I always asked the dying what they liked best about living. Wrote it down in my book. This is it. This is what I like best." - Seth
- "I came to take Mr. Balford, and I saw you. I couldn't take my eyes off you. How you fought for him. And you looked right at me, like I was a man." - Seth
- "I wait all day, just hoping for one more minute with you, and I don't even know you." - Dr. Maggie Rice
- "Those eyes. The way he looked right, right down into me." - Dr. Maggie Rice
- "Why do people cry?" - Seth
- "Well... tear ducts operate on a normal basis to lubricate and protect the eye and when you have an emotion they overact and create tears." - Dr. Maggie Rice
- "Seth: I fell. -Anne: Evidently. Off a train? -Seth: I fell in love."
Broad City Quotes
This is where the laugh starts. Another good recommendation for your weekend watch is this sitcom Broad City. Get ready to laugh and if you’re watching this, better prepare your snacks!
For the continuous of this writing of city quotes, Tripboba is bringing some of the funniest city quotes from the sitcom. Let’s see them below:
- “I finally figured out my eyebrows, They’re sisters, not twins.” - Ilana
- “Four R’s, my friend: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rihanna.” - Ilana
- “I’m an adult and I’m responsible. Let’s go get some candy.” - Abbi
- “I would take you on my shoulders – like I’d strap you up and be like, ‘Let’s go through helllll.’” - Abbi
- “Abbi: We’re technically homeless right now. Ilana: Ben Affleck was homeless for a night for a charity... We’re, like, doing that, just involuntarily. Abbi: Yeah we’re just a regular Matt and Ben.”
- “I was so worried I baked a whole cake. And then I ate a whole cake.” - Lincoln Rice
- “The most powerful moment in a woman's life. Your first grey hair.” - Ilana Wexler
- “In the clurb, we’re all fam.” - Ilana Wexler
- “Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons never expire!” - Abbi
- “Abbi-dab, she’s my beautiful kween. she’s my beautiful kween.” - Ilana Wexler
- “Dude, I qould follow you into hell brother!” - Ilana Wexler
- “I know you...better than I know your face.” - Ilana Wexler
- “I think she's got great taste and like a pixie spirit.” - Abbi Abrams
- “Witches aren’t monsters, they’re just women!" - Ilana Wexler
- “I’m an adult. I should be buying my own pot.” - Abbi Abrams
- “My fomo is through the damn roof!” - Ilana Wexler
- “You know what's the biggest luxury? pooping when no one is home.” - Abbi Abrams
- “I can't inflict upon a dog the crazy life of a dentist.” - Lincoln
- “I also have business with the bank. I'd like to cash these nickels, and I'll have them in quarters, please. Thank you so much.” - Ilana Wexler
- “I just want to get home and watch my shows.” - Abbi Abrams
City of Ember Quotes
Are you looking for a family watch for your holidays? If so, City of Ember would be a great watch for your and your loved ones.
Here, Tripboba will be sharing more city quotes from the movie/book that are totally fun to read.
- ″'The city of Ember was made for us long ago by the Builders,' the book said. 'It is the only light in the dark world. Beyond Ember, the darkness goes on forever in all directions.'”
- “The trouble with anger is, it gets hold of you. And then you aren’t the master of yourself anymore.”
- “Pay close attention to everything, notice what no one else notices. Then you’ll know what no one else knows, and that’s always useful.”
- “You told the truth to the mayor on Assignment Day. I didn’t want to believe it, but then came the long blackout, and I knew-I knew things were as bad as you said.”
- ″'Curiosity,’ said the mayor. 'A dangerous quality. Unhealthy. Especially regrettable in one so young.'”
- “She had Poppy. She had friends. And she had Mrs. Murdo, who was somewhere between a relative and a friend. But she felt as if she had suddenly gotten older in the last three days. She was sort of a mother herself now. What happened to Poppy was more or less up to her.”
- “I’d been thinking before that I had to leave Poppy because she’d be safe with Mrs. Murdo. But when the lights went out, I suddenly knew: There is no safety in Ember. Not for long. Not for anyone. I couldn’t leave her behind. Whatever happens to us now, it’s better than what’s going to happen there.”
- “When the lights were off, as they were between nine at night and six in the morning, the city was so dark that people might as well have been wearing blindfolds.”
- ″‘But Ember is not prospering!’ he cried. ‘Everything is getting worse and worse!’ [...] ‘The blackouts!’ cried Doon. ‘The lights go out all the time now! And the shortages, there’s shortages of everything! If no one does anything about it, something terrible is going to happen!‘”
- “They stared at each other in the flickering light, realized what this meant. There was no tunnel leading out of Ember. The way out was the river. To leave Ember, they must go on the river.”
- “No one she knew had seen a can of peaches in years. She looked at the other one. It was just as amazing- ‘Creamed Corn,’ it said.”
- “The box ended up at the back of a closet, shoved behind some old bags and bundles. There it sat, unnoticed, year after year, until its time arrived, and the lock quietly clicked open."
- ″‘Doon!’ cried Lina. ‘More lights!’ She pointed at the sky. He looked up and saw them—hundreds and hundreds of tiny flecks of light, strewn like spilled salt across the blackness. ‘Oh!’ he whispered. There was nothing else to say. The beauty of these lights made his breath stop in his throat.”
- “Take a lamp, for instance. When you plug it in, it comes alive, in a way. It lights up. That’s because it’s connected to a wire that’s connected to the generator, which is making electricity, though don’t ask me how. But a bean seed isn’t connected to anything. Neither are people. We don’t have plugs and wires that connect us to generators. What makes living things go is inside them somehow.”
- “The creature was utterly strange, not like anything they had ever known, and yet when it looked at them, some kind of recognition passed between them. ‘I know now,’ said Doon.‘‘”
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness