50 Inspirational New Year Resolution Quotes to Start the YearFeb 24, 2021 10:36 PM Photo by Julia Larson from Pexels
Tripboba.com - If you are like most people, you will likely be excited for the year to come. It celebrates new freedoms and opportunities to become better, calmer, and more excited throughout everyday life. It is also an opportunity to change some of the things that caused you grief, torment, and trouble a year ago.
Let this new year resolution quotes reflect setting resolutions and why we should or shouldn't. Hopefully, this helpful information will wake you up to make upcoming years one of the best!
Here are perhaps the most motivating new year resolution quotes to help you start the year right.
1. New Year Resolution Quotes Funny
Funny new year resolution quotes are often made during New Year's Eve festivals. Many people make new year resolution quotes for no particular reason, while some make them real. Since very few adhere to their new year resolution quotes, it's a funny idea to most people.
- "I will not bore my boss by with the same excuse for taking leaves. I will think of some more excuses."
- "I will play more computer games. Scientists say they’re good for me and improve my visual skills."
- "The problem with New Year’s resolutions is that they tend to pile up until you’re carrying a heavy load of unmet promises to yourself on your back like a rucksack full of rocks."
- "I will leave my brain at home while going to watch the supposedly scary movies."
- "Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my nightdress. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom."
- “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.”
- “If you flee from the things you fear, there’s no resolution.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions!”- Joey Adams
- “In tragedy, it’s hard to find a good resolution; it’s not black and white: it’s a big fog of gray.” – Paul Dano
- “If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am.” – Cyril Cusack
- “One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.”- John Burroughs
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.”- Oscar Wilde
- “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.”- Cavett Robert
- “Don’t make resolutions without an action plan. The secret to success is right in your hands.”- J. Allen Shaw
- “New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.” – James Agate
- “It’s not just a New Year’s Resolution but a resolution for a new life, a life filled with God’s goodness any time of the year!”- Roni Adigun
- “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.”- Melody Beattie
- “Work on your strengths, not your weaknesses. How many of your New Year’s resolutions have been about fixing a flaw?”- Jonathan Haidt
- “It is no surprise that those who – Wish – may not see results, but those with a resolution get the results they desire – at least close to it!”- Boomy Tokan
- “Use your New Year’s resolution or resolutions as a method to correct or improve upon that which leads to finishing a past goal.”- Byron Pulsifer
- “I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions. I think if you want to change something, change it today and don’t wait until the New Year.”- Georgina Bloomberg
- “After the holidays are over then you may want to look at setting your goals for the coming year rather than just setting a resolution.”- Catherine Pulsifer
- “Instead of trying to change your entire life in January, the simpler strategy is to adopt a 12-month plan where you’re making constant improvements.”- S. J. Scott
- “May the New Year bring you courage to break your resolutions early! My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue, so that I triumph even when I fall!” – Aleister Crowley
- “Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average. Which means you’ve met your New Year’s resolution.” – Jay Leno
2. Quotes On New Year Resolution
New year resolution quotes cab be a start to change undesirable behaviors; some want to achieve individual goals or improvement in our lives. So think before you make resolutions for yourself. Plan a memorable future and dream that you will turn our characters into the best new year resolution quotes.
- “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.”– Brad Paisley
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”– C.S. Lewis
- “In our perfect ways. In the ways we are beautiful. In the ways we are human. We are here. Happy New Year’s. Let’s make it ours.”– Beyoncé
- “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.”– Benjamin Franklin
- “To the old, long life and treasure; to the young, all health and pleasure.”– Ben Jonson
- “We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives…not looking for flaws, but for potential.”– Ellen Goodman
- “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘It will be happier.’”– Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- “You’ll never get bored when you try something new. There’s really no limit to what you can do.”– Dr. Seuss
- “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.”– Edith Lovejoy Pierce
- “Hey friend, don’t you dare forget, as you’re creating a new you, that there’s a whole lot about the old you that is worth keeping.”– Toni Sorenson
- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”– Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.”– James Agate
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”– Maya Angelou
- “I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second.”– Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones’s Diary
- “People can say whatever they want about the sport of bodybuilding, but to get prepared to do a contest, or even to get into decent shape, it requires a certain amount of discipline, and it comes from taking a New Year’s resolution to a lifestyle.”– John Cena
- “New Year’s Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.”– Mark Twain
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.”– Joey Adams
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.”– Oscar Wilde
- “My New Year’s resolution list usually starts with the desire to lose between 10 and 3,000 pounds.”– Nia Vardalos
- “There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.”– Zayn Malik
- Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed. – Cavett Robert
- Making resolutions is a cleansing ritual of self-assessment and repentance that demands personal honesty and, ultimately, reinforces humility. Breaking them is part of the cycle. – Eric Zorn
- Most people will passively do exactly what they did last year. Whatever you do, don’t let that person be you. – Richie Norton
- May the New Year bring you the courage to break your resolutions early! My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue so that I triumph even when I fall! – Aleister Crowley
- Making New Year resolution is one thing. Remaining resolute and seeing them through is quite another. – Alex Morritt
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness