Pearl Quotes: 60 Famous Quotes About Pearl from Popular Books and Events You Should Read!Jul 28, 2021 06:30 PM Pearl Quotes - Photo by Rachel Dawson from Flickr
Tripboba.com - Are you looking for quotes about pearl that are inspiring? If so, you are lucky as Tripboba has come up with things related to pearl quotes from books and events.
We’re bringing all about famous pearl quotes from one of the biggest events in the world Pearl Harbor, quotes by the writer Pearl S. Buck, inspiring quotes from the iconic The Scarlet Letter: A Romance, as well as quotes from the book of The Pearl.
They all are totally worth reading, so you don’t want to miss them!
Pearl Harbor Quotes
Tripboba will take you to Pearl Harbor attack from World War II that happened on 7 December 1941. This attack was largely believed the cause of the United States entered the World War II.
To start this article of pearl quotes, you’ll learn or know what happened and what famous people had to say about the incident.
- "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." – Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
- "Pearl Harbor caused our Nation to wholeheartedly commit to winning World War II, changing the course of our nation's history and the world's future." – Joe Baca
- "Millions of people gave their lives fighting fascism and imperialism, but Pearl Harbor was the event that forever changed the course of human history." – Sam Graves
- "Yesterday, December 7, 1941 — a date which will live in infamy — the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan." – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory." – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "We must be the great arsenal of democracy. For us, this is an emergency as serious as war itself. We must apply ourselves to our task with the same resolution, the same sense of urgency, the same spirit of patriotism and sacrifice as we would show where we at war." – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "No man can tame a tiger into a kitten by stroking it. There can be no appeasement with ruthlessness. There can be no reasoning with an incendiary bomb." – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Let us, therefore, brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'" – Winston Churchill
- "Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force! You are about to embark upon a great crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you." – Dwight Eisenhower
- "You ask what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs... For without victory there is no survival." – Winston Churchill
- "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat." – Winston Churchill
- "I thought of a remark... that the United States is like a gigantic boiler. Once the fire is lighted under it there is no limit to the power it can generate. Being saturated and satiated with emotion and sensation, I went to bed and slept the sleep of the saved and thankful." – Winston Churchill
- "It was now Dec 7, 1941; the date that Franklin D. Roosevelt was destined to declare would live in infamy." – Randall Wallace
- "After the Pearl Harbor attacks, around 120,000 Japanese Americans were jailed in internment camps." – Naomi Klein
- "Whenever a soldier needed an escape, the antidote to anxiety, relief from boredom, a bit of laughter, inspiration, or hope, he cracked open a book and drank in the words that would transport him elsewhere." – Molly Guptill Manning
Pearl S. Buck Quotes
Also known by her Chinese name Sai Zhenzhu, Pearl S. Buck was an American writer and novelist. She was the daughter of missionaries that spent most of her life before 1934 in Zhenjiang, China.
Here, we’re bringing back her powerful quotes for all of us to read and learn. This writing of pearl quotes become more various with the content of Pearl S. Buck quotes. Let’s see them below:
- "The test of a civilization is in the way that it cares for its helpless members." – Pearl S. Buck
- "To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth." – Pearl S. Buck
- "Exclusion is always dangerous. Inclusion is the only safety if we are to have a peaceful world." – Pearl S. Buck
- "Truth is always exciting. Speak it, then. Life is dull without it." – Pearl S. Buck
- "You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings." – Pearl S. Buck
- "Love cannot be forced, love cannot be coaxed and teased. It comes out of heaven, unasked and unsought." – Pearl S. Buck
- "Only the brave should teach.... Teaching is a vocation. It is as sacred as priesthood; as innate a desire, as inescapable as the genius which compels a great artist. If he has not the concern for humanity, the love of living creatures, the vision of the priest and the artist, he must not teach." – Pearl S. Buck
- "Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that is where I renew my springs that never dry up." – Pearl S. Buck
- "When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail." – Pearl S. Buck
- "The secret of joy in work is contained in one word - excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it." – Pearl S. Buck
- "Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness." – Pearl S. Buck
- "All things are possible until they are proved impossible – and even the impossible may only be so, as of now." – Pearl S. Buck
- "The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive. To him... a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death." – Pearl S. Buck
- "Perhaps one has to be very old before one learns to be amused rather than shocked." – Pearl S. Buck
- "Integrity is honesty carried through the fibres of the being and the whole mind, into thought as well as action so that the person is complete in honesty. That kind of integrity I put above all else as an essential to leadership." – Pearl S. Buck
The Scarlet Letter Pearl Quotes
The Scarlet Letter: A Romance is an iconic book that’s written by an American author named Nathaniel Hawthorne that came with a work of historical fiction. The book was published in 1850.
In order to complete our writing theme of pearl quotes, today Tripboba will be sharing some of the most popular quotes from the book.
- "That little creature, whose innocent life had sprung, by the inscrutable decree of Providence … out of the rank luxuriance of passion."
- "Throughout all, however, there was a trait of passion, a certain depth of hue, which she never lost."
- "I am but a child. It will not flee from me; for I wear nothing on my bosom yet."
- "The mother-forest and these wild things which it nourished, all recognized a kindred wildness in the human child."
- "So Pearl, the elf-child --the demon offspring… became the richest heiress of her day."
- "God, as a direct consequence of the sin which man thus punished, had given her a lovely child, whose place was on that same dishonored bosom, to connect her parent forever with the race and descent of mortals, and to be finally a blessed soul in heaven!"
- "Pearl, that wild and flighty little elf, stole softly towards him, and, taking his hand in the grasp of both her own, laid her cheek against it; a caress so tender, and withal so unobtrusive, that her mother, who was looking on, asked herself — “Is that my Pearl?”"
- "And there stood the minister, with his hand over his heart; and Hester Prynne, with the embroidered letter glimmering on her bosom; and little Pearl, herself a symbol, and the connecting link between those two."
- "The minister—painfully embarrassed, but hoping that a kiss might prove a talisman to admit him into the child’s kindlier regards—bent forward, and impressed one on her brow. Hereupon, Pearl broke away from her mother, and, running to the brook, stooped over it, and bathed her forehead, until the unwelcome kiss was quite washed off, and diffused through a long lapse of the gliding water."
- "Pearl kissed his lips. A spell was broken. The great scene of grief, in which the wild infant bore a part, had developed all her sympathies; and as her tears fell upon her father's cheek, they were the pledge that she would grow up amid human joy and sorrow, nor for ever do battle with the world, but be a woman in it."
The Pearl Quotes
If you love reading, you probably know The Pearl, a book written by an American author John Steinbeck. The book follows the story of a pearl diver who explores man’s purpose as well as greed, defiance of societal norms, and evil.
To end this pearl quotes theme, we would like to share some famous lines from the book that can be the source of inspiration. Let’s have a look!
- “For it is said that humans are never satisfied, that you give them one thing and they want something more. And this is said in disparagement, whereas it is one of the greatest talents the species has and one that has made it superior to animals that are satisfied with what they have.” ― John Steinbeck
- “The people say that the two seemed to be removed from human experience; that they had gone through pain and had come out on the other side.” ― John Steinbeck
- “She knew she could help him best by being silent and by being near.” ― John Steinbeck
- “A plan is a real thing, and things projected are experienced. A plan once made and visualized becomes reality along with other realities—never to be destroyed but easily to be attacked.” ― John Steinbeck
- “He had said, "I am a man," and that meant certain things to Juana. It meant that he was half insane and half god. It meant that Kino would drive his strength against a mountain and plunge his strength against the sea. Juana, in her woman's soul, knew that the mountain would stand while the man broke himself; that the sea would surge while the man drowned in it. And yet it was this thing that made him a man, half insane and half god, and Juana had need of a man; she could not live without a man.” ― John Steinbeck
- “This was an evil beyond thinking. The killing of a man was not so evil as the killing of a boat. For a boat does not have sons, and a boat cannot protect itself, and a wounded boat does not heal.” ― John Steinbeck
- “For every man in the world functions to the best of his ability, and no one does less than his best, no matter what he may think about it.” ― John Steinbeck
- “But now, by saying what his future was going to be like, he had created it. A plan is a real thing, and things projected are experienced. A plan once made and visualized becomes a along with other realities-never to be destroyed but easily to be attacked.” ― John Steinbeck
- “When Kino had finished, Juana came back to the fire and ate her breakfast. They had spoken once, but there is no need for speech if it is only a habit anyway. Kino sighed with satisfaction - and that was conversation.” ― John Steinbeck
- “And, as with all retold tales that are in people's hearts, there are only good and bad things and black and white things and good and evil things and no in between anywhere.” ― John Steinbeck
- “It was a morning like other mornings and yet perfect among mornings.” ― John Steinbeck
- “A town is a thing like a colonial animal. A town has a nervous system and a head and shoulders and feet. A town is a thing separate from all other towns alike. And a town has a whole emotion. How news travels through a town is a mystery not easily to be solved. News seems to move faster than small boys can scramble and dart to tell it, faster than women can call it over the fences.” ― John Steinbeck
- “We do know that we are cheated from birth to the overcharge on our coffins.” ― John Steinbeck
- “He said, "I am a man," and that meant certain things to Juana. It meant that he was half insane and half god.” ― John Steinbeck
- “It is not good to want a thing too much. It sometimes drives the luck away. You must want it just enough, and you must be very tactful with Gods or the gods.” ― John Steinbeck
- “He did not know, and perhaps this doctor did. And he could not take the chance of pitting his certain ignorance against this man's possible knowledge. He was trapped as his people were always trapped, and would be until, as he had said, they could be sure that the things in the books were really in the books.” ― John Steinbeck
- “But in the song, there was a secret little inner song, hardly perceptible, but always there, sweet and secret and clinging, almost hiding in the counter-melody, and this was the Song of the Pearl That Might Be...” ― John Steinbeck
- “Someday, his mind said, that boy would know what things were in the books and what things were not.” ― John Steinbeck
- “There is a great deal to be seen in the tilt of a hat on a man.” ― John Steinbeck
- “Every man suddenly became related to Kino's pearl, and Kino's pearl went into the dreams, the speculations, the schemes, the plans, the futures, the wishes, the needs, the lusts, the hungers, of everyone, and only one person stood in the way and that was Kino, so that he became curiously every man's enemy. The news stirred up something infinitely black and evil in the town; the black distillate was like the scorpion, or like hunger in the smell of food, or like loneliness when love is withheld. The poison sacs of the town began to manufacture venom, and the town swelled and puffed with the pressure of it.” ― John Steinbeck
- This was us writing about pearl quotes. We hope that you enjoy reading! If you want to know more about cool quotes, you can simply click the Quotes button below. It will take you to a handful of collections of quotes.
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness