All About Garden Quotes: 55 Best Sayings from Your Favorite Movies and BooksApr 03, 2021 09:00 AM Garden Quotes - Photo by asthebunnyhops.com
Tripboba.com - If you love watching movies and TV shows or reading literary works and collecting memorable words from them, then you’ve come to the right place!
Tripboba has got you covered with The Secret Garden quotes along with other sayings from Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil, The Garden of Words, Garden State, and Garden of Eden. So, simply scroll down and find the best lines from your favorite show or book!
The Secret Garden Quotes
With the new version of the movie, it's always a great time to go back and have a look at the original masterpiece. Here are some of The Secret Garden quotes to revisit your childhood.
- “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"... "It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “At first people refuse to believe that a strange new thing can be done, then they begin to hope it can be done, then they see it can be done--then it is done and all the world wonders why it was not done centuries ago.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “One of the strange things about living in the world is that it is only now and then one is quite sure one is going to live forever and ever and ever. One knows it sometimes when one gets up at the tender solemn dawn-time and goes out and stands out and throws one's head far back and looks up and up and watches the pale sky slowly changing and flushing and marvelous unknown things happening until the East almost makes one cry out and one's heart stands still at the strange unchanging majesty of the rising of the sun--which has been happening every morning for thousands and thousands and thousands of years. One knows it then for a moment or so. And one knows it sometimes when one stands by oneself in a wood at sunset and the mysterious deep gold stillness slanting through and under the branches seems to be saying slowly again and again something one cannot quite hear, however much one tries. Then sometimes the immense quiet of the dark blue at night with the millions of stars waiting and watching makes one sure; and sometimes a sound of far-off music makes it true; and sometimes a look in someone's eyes.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “She made herself stronger by fighting with the wind.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “Of course there must be lots of Magic in the world," he said wisely one day, "but people don't know what it is like or how to make it. Perhaps the beginning is just to say nice things are going to happen until you make them happen. I am going to try and experiment.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “And the secret garden bloomed and bloomed and every morning revealed new miracles.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “I am sure there is Magic in everything, only we have not sense enough to get hold of it and make it do things for us” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett , The Secret Garden
- “Two worst things as can happen to a child is never to have his own way - or always to have it.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “Sometimes since I've been in the garden I've looked up through the trees at the sky and I have had a strange feeling of being happy as if something was pushing and drawing in my chest and making me breathe fast. Magic is always pushing and drawing and making things out of nothing. Everything is made out of magic, leaves and trees, flowers and birds, badgers and foxes and squirrels and people. So it must be all around us. In this garden - in all the places.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- “Might I," quavered Mary, "might I have a bit of earth?” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil Quotes
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is a non-fiction novel by John Berendt which follows the story of an antiques dealer on trial for the murder of a male prostitute.
The story displays eccentric personalities in and around the city of Savannah, Georgia. If you’re fond of the book, then have a look at these Midnight in The Garden quotes.
- “Rule number one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “If you go to Atlanta, the first question people ask you is, "What's your business?" In Macon they ask, "Where do you go to church?" In Augusta they ask your grandmother's maiden name. But in Savannah the first question people ask you is "What would you like to drink?” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “Two tears in a bucket. Motherfuck it.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “By morning she was dead. She had not died of starvation or committed suicide by any conventional means. She had simply willed herself to die, and being a strong-willed woman, she had succeeded. She had missed dying on her birthday by two days.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “She was a marvel. She did exactly as she pleased all her life, God bless her.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “Someone once wrote that musicians are touched on the shoulder by God, and I think it's true. You can make other people happy with music, but you can make yourself happy too. Because of my music, I have never known loneliness and never been depressed.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “But I never think about dead people. Looking at these old graves makes me think how generation after generation of the same family are all gathered together. And that makes me think about how life goes on, but not about dying. I never think about dying.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “For me, Savannah's resistance to change was its saving grace. The city looked inward, sealed off from the noises and distractions of the world at large. It grew inward, too, and in such a way that its people flourished like hothouse plants tended by an indulgent gardener. The ordinary became extraordinary. Eccentrics thrived. Every nuance and quirk of personality achieved greater brilliance in that lush enclosure than would have been possible anywhere else in the world.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “Black magic never stops. What goes from you comes to you. Once you start this shit, you gotta keep it up. Just like the utility bill. Just like the grocery store. Or they kill you. You got to keep it up. Two, five, ten, twenty years.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “The South is one big drag show, honey [...].” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- “The tides surged through the marsh and each wave that hit the beach came light-struck and broad-shouldered, with all the raw power the moon could bestow.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- "Because it’s my job. It’s how I make my living. And I’ll tell you somethin’ else: It’s damn hard work bein’ a girl full” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
The Garden of Words Quotes
If you’re a big fan of Makoto Shinkai, you’ve probably watched Your Name, Weathering with You, and without doubt, The Garden of Words. We’ve got some heartfelt The Garden quotes, so here you are!
- “A faint clap of thunder Clouded skies, perhaps rain comes. Will you stay here with me?” ― Makoto Shinkai, The Garden of Words
- “In the evenings, before I went to sleep, and in the mornings, in the moment I woke up, I realized I was praying for rain.” ― Makoto Shinkai, The Garden of Words
- “I realize now, I was learning how to walk as well. I haven’t mastered the steps, I fall too. But im on my path, my path... and one day that path... will take me to her.” ― Makoto Shinkai, The Garden of Words
- “To me she represents nothing less than the very secrets of the world.” ― Makoto Shinkai, The Garden of Words
- “You thought ‘She is crazy lady’, don’t you, It’s OK, after all we human, each of us has something quirks, more or less.” ― Makoto Shinkai, The Garden of Words
- “I am 27 but I don’t feel that I got smarter compared to myself 12 years ago (15-year-olds) at all, I’ve always been here, stuck in the same place.” ― Makoto Shinkai, The Garden of Words
- “Now might be the happiest moment I’ve ever lived.” ― Makoto Shinkai, The Garden of Words
- “You knew that I’ll never live up to my expectations, never measure up to my dreams from the first!, Then why you did not tell me directly. Why you did not tell me You kid should go to school, You (kid) are just disturbing.” ― Makoto Shinkai, The Garden of Words
- “I was being rescued there by you.” ― Makoto Shinkai, The Garden of Words
Garden State Quotes
Here are some Garden quotes for those who love this American rom-com drama film filled with outstanding performances and moments of great authenticity, sensitivity, and heart.
- “The only thing worse than a favor is a favor involving money.” ― Mark
- “Of course you're all right. You're alive.” ― Dr. Cohen
- “Someone has been pissing on my Gamecube and I'm about to close the case.” ― Titembay
- “I’m in no position to comment on whether you should stay on the meds or not since I don’t know your story, but my opinion, since you’re paying for it, is that, yeah, those drugs may help you as a means to an end, but sooner or later, if you’re not in some form of therapy, whatever’s going on in your mind will find a way to peek its little head out of the water.” ― Dr. Cohen
- “Do you know what I do when I feel completely unoriginal? I make a noise, or I do something that no one has ever done before. And then I can feel unique again, even if it’s only for a second.” ― Sam
- “If you can’t laugh at yourself, life’s going to seem a whole lot longer than you’d like….What do you do? You laugh, you know. I’m not saying I don’t cry, but in-between, I laugh.” ― Sam
- “You’re in it right now, aren’t you? My mom always says that when she can see I’m working something out in my head, she’s like ‘you’re in it right now.’ And I’m looking at you, and you’re telling me this story…you’re definitely in it right now.” ― Sam
- “I like you. So there’s that. I guess I have that.” ― Andrew
- “But you know what? That’s all ego. None of that really matters. If I get to be with this person right here and our beautiful baby, that’s all I need.” ― Albert
- “When I’m with you, I feel so safe. Like I’m home.” ― Andrew
The Garden of Eden Quotes
The last Garden quotes come from Ernest Hemmingway’s novel, The Garden of Eden, about a young American writer, David Bourne, his glamorous wife, Catherine, and the dangerous, erotic game they play when they fall in love with the same woman.
- “Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- “When you start to live outside yourself, it's all dangerous.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- “I'm with you. No matter what else you have in your head I'm with you and I love you.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- “Everybody has strange things that mean things to them. You couldn't help it.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- “You’ll ache. And you’re going to love it. It will crush you. And you’re still going to love all of it. Doesn’t it sound lovely beyond belief?” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- “I love you and I always will and I am sorry. What a useless word.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- “Remember everything is right until it's wrong. You'll know when it's wrong.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- “Please understand and love me.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- “Everything that's innocent to us is crazy to them.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- “They are strong,” David said. ”But there’s a strong wind today and we drink according to the wind.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness