Top 65+ Will Rogers Quotes That Give You Inspiring Life LessonsAug 09, 2021 11:00 PM Photo by pbs.org
Tripboba.com - William Pen Adair Rogers or popularly known as Will Roger was an American film and stage actor. He was popular for numerous films and stage drama back in early 20th centuries.
He was an inspirational figure with good lessons that everyone can take. You can check his wise words on Will Rogers quotes below.
Quotes from Will Rogers
If you haven't heard the name of Will Rogers, you can try to watch his films such as Judge Priest and Doctor Bull. His popularity was the inspiration for generations.
If you need life lessons, you can check on these Will Rogers quotes. Let's take a look!
- "Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need."
- "America is a nation that conceives many odd inventions for getting somewhere but can think of nothing to do when it gets there."
- "America is becoming so educated that ignorance will be a novelty. I will belong to the select few."
- "Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
- "Civilization has taught us to eat with a fork, but even now if nobody is around we use our fingers."
- "Congressional investigations are for the benefit of photographers."
- "Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it."
- "For every nation and every individual, the principal worry is debt."
- "I guess truth can hurt you worse in an election than about anything that can happen to you."
- "If advertisers spent the same amount of money on improving their products as they do on advertising then they wouldn't have to advertise them."
- "If we ever pass out as a great nation we ought to put on our tombstone 'America died from a delusion that she had moral leadership'."
- "Nothing makes a man broad-minded like adversity."
- "One of the evils of democracy is, you have to put up with the man you elect whether you want him or not."
- "So live that you would not mind selling your pet parrot to the town gossip."
- "The greatest loss of time is delay and expectation."
- "The health of nations is more important than the wealth of nations."
- "The nation is prosperous on the whole, but how much prosperity is there in a hole?"
- "The way to judge a good comedy is by how long it will last and have people talk about it. Now Congress had turned out some that have lived for years and people are still laughing about them."
- "We don't give our criminals much punishment, but we sure give 'em plenty of publicity."
- "We will never have true civilization until we have learned to recognize the rights of others."
Keep reading more wise words from Will Rogers quotes for your daily inspiration.
Will Rogers Political QuotesPhoto by lancemannion.typepad.com
Will Rogers was also famous as politician that you might find his words contain political views. These Will Rogers quotes will give you insights on his views about politics. Let’s check these out!
- “A man that don't love a horse, there is something the matter with him.”
- “America is a land of opportunity and don't ever forget it.”
- “And the thing about my jokes is, they don't hurt anybody. You can take 'em or leave 'em - you can say they're funny or they're terrible or they're good, or whatever, but you can just pass 'em by. But with Congress, every time they make a joke, it's a law! And every time they make a law, it's a joke!”
- “Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion.”
- “Even when you make a tax form out on the level, you do not know when it is through if you are a crook or a martyr.”
- “Everything is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.”
- “I guess there is nothing that will get your mind off everything like golf. I have never been depressed enough to take up the game, but they say you get so sore at yourself you forget to hate your enemies.”
- “I have Indian blood in me. I have just enough white blood for you to question my honesty!”
- “I like to hear a man talk about himself because then I never hear anything, but good.”
- “If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these acceptance speeches there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven.”
- “I'm not a real movie star. I've still got the same wife I started out with twenty-eight years ago.”
- “In the early days of the Indian Territory, there were no such things as birth certificates. You being there was certificate enough.”
- “Make crime pay. Become a lawyer.”
- “Ohio claims they are due a president as they haven't had one since Taft. Look at the United States, they have not had one since Lincoln.”
- “Politicians can do more funny things naturally than I can think of to do purposely.”
- “The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf. Even when you make a tax form out on the level, you don't know when it's through if you are a crook or a martyr.”
- “The short memories of American voters is what keeps our politicians in office.”
- “This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer.”
- “We changed with the times, so we can't blame the children for just joining the times without even having to change.”
- “You never know how much a man can't remember until he is called as a witness.”
Famous Will Rogers Quotes
If you’re needing more of Will Rogers quotes to inspire your life, these lists below should be your best inspiration. Let’s take a look!
- “A Congressman is never any better than his roads, and sometimes worse.”
- “America is a great country, but you can't live in it for nothing.”
- “Even though you are on the right track - you will get run over if you just sit there.”
- “Golf is a wonderful exercise. You can stand on your feet for hours, watching somebody else putt.”
- “Golf is good for the soul. You get so mad at yourself you forget to hate your enemies.”
- “I never expected to see the day when girls would get sunburned in the places they now do.”
- “I never met a man I didn't like.”
- “If they really want to honor the boys, why don't they let them sit in the stands and have the people march by?”
- “If they wasn't in congress, why, they would be doing something else against us that might be even worse.”
- “Let advertisers spend the same amount of money improving their product that they do on advertising and they wouldn't have to advertise it.”
- “Money, horse racing and women, three things the boys just can't figure out.”
- “Our foreign dealings are an open book -- generally, a checkbook.”
- “Successful colleges will start laying plans for a new stadium; unsuccessful ones will start hunting a new coach.”
- “The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has. Even when you make a tax form out on the level, you don't know when it's through if you are a crook or a martyr.”
- “The man with the best job in the country is the vice-president. All he has to do is get up every morning and say, "How is the president?”
- “The more that learn to read the less learn how to make a living. That's one thing about a little education. It spoils you for actual work. The more you know the more you think somebody owes you a living.”
- “The only way to solve the traffic problems of the country is to pass a law that only paid-for cars are allowed to use the highways. That would make traffic so scarce, we could use our boulevards for children's playgrounds.”
- “There ain't nothing that breaks up homes, country, and nations like somebody publishing their memoirs.”
- “When I was a kid I was told anyone could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it.”
- “Worrying is like paying on a debt that may never come due.”
Top 10 Will Rogers QuotesPhoto by lancemannion.typepad.com
Will Rogers quotes are the best inspirational words to remember. His words can be your best inspiration and motivation to life the live. Let’s check these others quotes from him!
- "Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate, now what's going to happen to us with both a House and a Senate?"
- "Everything is funny, as long as it's happening to somebody else."
- "I can remember way back when a liberal was generous with his own money."
- "I wonder if it isn't just cowardice instead of generosity that makes us give tips."
- "If I studied all my life, I couldn't think up half the number of funny things passed in one session of congress."
- "If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging."
- "It's great to be great, but it's greater to be human."
- "Our public men are speaking every day on something, but they ain't saying anything."
- "Pain is such an uncomfortable feeling that even a tiny amount of it is enough to ruin every enjoyment."
- "The main thing about being a hero is to know when to die."
Those are the 65+ inspiring Will Rogers quotes for your daily motivation and inspiration. Good luck!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 70+ Inspiring Christmas Trivia Questions For Family Gathering Game!
- 85 Hilarious Short People Jokes to Tell to Your Friends
- 75+ Best Funny Icebreaker Questions to Melt Away the Awkwardness