Tripboba.com - Soybean is the star amongst vegetarians since it pretty much serves to be the perfect substitute to meat. Soybean is also power-packed with proteins and other essential nutrients which will be beneficial for your health. You can make basically any dish with this versatile product, plus it’s easy to find, too.
However, if you’re not used to cooking soybean, you might be a bit lost. Don’t worry, though, we’ve got you covered with these awesome soybean recipes!
Easy Soybean Recipes
1. Soybean flour recipes: Kinako Dango
Let’s get started with one of the best soybean recipes out there. Kinako Dango is a famous Japanese dessert made from boiled rice flour balls, served with sweet soybean powder. So, if you happen to have some good amount of soybean flour and don’t know what to do, you should definitely try this easy dessert recipe!
- 1 cup dango powder (rice flour)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup kinako (roasted soybean flour)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Step 1. Bring a pot of water to boil.
Step 2. Mix well dango powder and water in a mixing bowl until combined. Make bite-sized balls from the dough.
Step 3. Set aside a bowl of cold water.
Step 4. Add dango balls to the boiling water and boil until they rise to the top. Drain and add to the cold water, leaving for 3 minutes to cool, then drain.
Step 5. Add kinako, sugar, and salt in another mixing bowl. Mix well.
Step 6. In a serving bowl, put half of the kinako mix. Add dango balls and top with leftover kinako to serve.
2. Soybean meat recipes
Enjoy the hearty, flavorful soybean meat, combined with the sweetness of coconut milk and spiciness of cayenne pepper. This wholesome vegan recipe is one of the best soybean recipes you shouldn’t miss!
- One medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 100 g textured vegetable protein soy chunks dry
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 2-3 bay leaves
Step 1. Boil a medium pot of water. Add 1 tablespoon salt and vinegar and soya meat, boiling about 10 minutes, until cooked.
Step 2. Heat a pan, adding a splash of water. Cook the chopped onions for 5 minutes.
Step 3. Add minced garlic and ginger, cayenne pepper, garam masala, garam masala, curry powder, and bay leaves, cooking for another minute.
Step 4. Drain the cooked soya cubes and squeeze the water out, cooking together with the other ingredients, stirring to combine. Let roast for a couple of minutes.
Step 5. Add coconut milk and chopped tomatoes, the 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt and ground pepper, cooking for 20-25 minutes until the gravy becomes thick.
Step 6. Turn off the heat, drizzling with the lime juice.
Step 7. Serve warm with rice or another side dish of choice.
3. Black soybean recipes: Kongjang
Have you heard about Kongjang? It’s one of the best black soybean recipes that you should definitely try! Kongjang is a classic side dish made by braising soybeans in a sweet and savory liquid. It’s also one of the best-dried soybean recipes that’s super easy to make.
- 1 cup dried black soybeans (seoritae) or yellow soybeans
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine (or mirin/mirim)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oligodang syrup/rice syrup/corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds (optional)
Step 1. Rinse the dried soybeans a couple of times, then drain. Soak in 2 cups of water for 2 - 3 hours, or until softened.
Step 2. In a medium-size pot, bring to a boil the beans and soaking water. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat about 10 minutes, and stir frequently.
Step 3. Add the soy sauce, rice wine, and sugar, reducing the heat to medium. Boil, uncovered, about 20 minutes until the sauce is mostly evaporated and reduced to a couple of tablespoons. Stir occasionally.
Step 4. Add the syrup, stirring to coat about 1-2 minutes, then turn the heat off. Sprinkle with the optional sesame seeds. Store in the fridge to enjoy the beans in a chewier texture.
- Wingaersheek Beach: An Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Destination for a Family Vacation
- Ocean Edge Resort: Experience an Unforgettable Stay in the Beautiful Cape Cod
- Soca Valley: Visit The Most Beautiful Travel Destination in Slovenia
- Ranthambore National Park: See The Beauty of Wildlife Closely!
- Surf and Sand Resort: Escape Your Busy Life to This Amazing Resort in California