Tripboba.com - Burrito is a Tex-Mex dish from Mexico.It's made from flour tortilla filled by various ingredients. The delicious taste makes this dish can easily be found in many countries, especially in America.
But, if you can find it near home, don't worry because we want to show you a variety of chicken burritos recipe to make delicious chicken burrito at home. So, keep reading and happy cooking!
Easy Chicken Burritos Recipe
1. Baked chicken burritos recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles (undrained)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 24 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 6 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- A Dutch Oven
Step 1. This chicken burritos recipe is so popular. The first thing to do is getting your oven-ready and preheat it to 350 °F on a Dutch oven. Heat the butter with medium-high heat. Then, add in onion and pepper. Cook all together until tender.
Step 2. Pour in the flour too and stir until well-blended. Next, pour in the broth and boil for about 2 minutes. After boiling, lower the heat and add in tomatoes, seasonings, and jalapeno if you like. Cook for about 5 minutes more. Add in chili and cream cheese. Stir again until the cheese melts. Then, stir in the chicken.
Step 3. Now, spoon about ½ cup filling across the center of each tortilla. Then, sprinkle ¼ cup of Colby-Monterey Jack cheese over each tortilla.
Step 4. Now, fold the bottom and sides over filling and roll-up. After that, place on baking dishes.
Step 5. Cover and bake for about 35-40 minutes. Wait until all heated. Remove from the oven and serve with salsa if you like. Done!
2. Wet chicken burritos recipe
- 1 cooked chicken breasts or 1 equivalent turkey
- 15 ounces refried beans
- ¼ cup taco sauce
- 7 (7 inches) flour tortillas
- 15 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 6 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (Kraft's Mexican cheese mix is recommended)
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
Step 1. Firstly, remove the chicken or turkey skin. Then, shred into small pieces (bite-sized)
Step 2. Loosen up the beans a little. If you use canned refried beans, you can mix with the taco sauce and salsa.
Step 3. Now, place the tortillas on a surface and put some beans and chicken in each one. Roll it up and put it in a pan.
Step 4. After that, pour enchilada sauce over them. Top with cheese.
Step 5. Lastly, bake for about 30 minutes at 350 °F. Remove and serve it.
3. Mexican chicken burritos recipe
- 6 flour tortillas 12"
- 1 jar salsa 16 ounces
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese shredded (divided)
For the filling:
- 1 rotisserie chicken small
- 2 cans green chilies diced (4 ounces)
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes diced, 24 ounces (or canned tomatoes with green chiles)
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce (seeded and minced)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Step 1. This chicken burritos recipe is the favorite one. Firstly, preheat to 400 °F. Use a casserole and apply the non-stick spray.
Step 2. Remove the skin from the chicken and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Place into a bowl.
Step 3. Add burrito filling ingredients into a skillet with medium heat. Stir until combined. Cook the filling for about 5 minutes.
Step 4. Add in the chicken and stir. If you see liquid in the skillet, you can keep cooking with medium heat.
Step 5. Add enough amount of chicken in the middle of each burrito. Then, top with ½ cup of shredded cheese. Then, roll each burrito up and set them seam side down in the casserole dish. Add salsa over burritos and top with remaining shredded cheese.
Step 6. Move to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese melts and the burritos are all warm. Lastly, serve and enjoy it!
4. Buffalo chicken burritos recipe
- 2 cup cooked chicken shredded or chopped (rotisserie, shredded, or grilled)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce or ⅓ cup hot sauce + 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- Tomato onion
- Shredded cheese
Step 1. Get a bowl and combine the cooked chicken and buffalo sauce until the chicken is coated by the sauce.
Step 2. Lay the tortillas and add in the chicken evenly among the tortillas. Top with lettuce and ranch dressing to make it perfect. Then, roll the tortillas with burrito-style and serve.
- No Tea Facts Only: This Grandma on Twitter Has Been Posting “Spot On” Hilarious Tweets that Make the Internet Loves Her
- A Twitter User Asked If Anyone Has Experienced More Stressful Moment Compared to His and the Reactions Are Hilarious!
- 20 Pictures of "Dudette With Sign" Show Her Arguments Are No Less Important Than the "Dude With Sign"
- These 30 Pictures of "Dude With Sign" Will Make Your Day With His Relatable Protests
- These 25 Very Useful Pieces of Advice by Twitter Users Will Give You A New Hope!