Chiles Rellenos Recipe: 3 Top Ideas for a Wholesome Mexican Stuffed ChileSep 24, 2020 03:00 AM Photo by foodandtell from Flickr
Tripboba.com - If Mexican cuisines have been your favorite food to eat growing up, then Chile Rellenos might be one of them!
Literally translated to “stuffed chile”, this dish consists of a stuffed, roasted, large fresh poblano pepper. Do you know that you can make one by yourself and for yourself?
Well, enjoy the ooey-gooey stuffed cheese inside the mild peppers, fried in a light and fluffy batter with your favorite Chiles Rellenos recipe by Tripboba! From the authentic version to the one cooked as a casserole, you’d get bountiful variations of this delicious Mexican classic!
- Authentic Chiles Rellenos recipe
- Chiles Rellenos casserole recipe
- Chiles gueros rellenos de camaron recipe
Recipe for Chiles Rellenos
1. Authentic Chiles Rellenos recipe
Let’s get started with this authentic Chiles Rellenos recipe! If there’s no poblano pepper available, you can opt for other peppers such as pasilla or Anaheim peppers, so gather your ingredients and make your favorite Mexican dish right away!
- 6 Fresh Ancho/Pasilla/Anaheim Chiles, or 27 oz. can Poblano Peppers or Mild Whole Green Chiles
- 1/2 pound Oaxaca cheese (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 6 Raw eggs (separated)
- 2 cups Salsa Verde (Mexican green sauce)
- 2 cups Homestyle Mexican Salsa
- 1 cup Corn oil
- Salt or Mexican Seasoning
Step 1. Rinse the chiles.
Step 2. Preheat your oven to broil. In a 9 x 14 baking dish, place the chiles and bake.
Step 3. When the skins start to make popping sounds and to char and turn black in places, take the chiles out and flip them over. Remove from the oven when both sides are fairly evenly charred.
Step 4. In a moist paper towel or a sealed plastic bag, wrap each chile to steam. Check after a few minutes. Once the skin comes off easily, peel each chile.
Step 5. Cut a slit almost the full length of each chile. Make a small t across the top, by the stem. Pull out fibers and seeds (this is where the heat is), replacing with a slice of cheese. Set aside.
Step 6. With an electric mixer, whip the egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks have formed.
Step 7. In a skillet, heat the oil until a drop of water sizzles. Beat the egg yolks with one tablespoon flour and salt. Mix together yolks and egg whites, stirring until thick.
Step 8. In 1/4 cup flour, roll the chiles and dip each one in the egg batter. Coat evenly. Fry, seam side down on both sides until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Step 9. In a medium saucepan, heat the salsa. Place Rellenos on the plate and pour salsa over them. Serve them immediately.
2. Chiles Rellenos casserole recipe
Brace yourself for this delicious baked Chiles Rellenos recipe! No need to sweat it. This Chiles Rellenos recipe is absolutely easy to prepare!
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chile peppers (drained)
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces Longhorn or Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 large eggs eggs (beaten)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Meanwhile, spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 2. In bottom of baking dish, lay half of the chilies evenly. Sprinkle with half of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, covering with remaining chilies. Mix together the eggs, milk, and flour in a bowl, pouring over the top of the chilies.
Step 3. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and pour tomato sauce over the top, baking for another 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Jack and Cheddar cheeses to serve.
3. Chiles gueros rellenos de camaron recipe
This is basically a delicious Chiles Rellenos recipe stuffed with shrimp. Enjoy the seafood goodness in your spicy chiles with this super easy Chiles Rellenos recipe!
- Vegetable oil
- 12-whole yellow chiles (guero chiles), or Hungarian wax or large jalapeno
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1-pound medium shrimp (peeled, deveined, and finely chopped)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from about 2 large limes)
Step 1. In a large heavy skillet, pour enough vegetable oil to come 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan and heat to 350 °F.
Step 2. Fry chiles about 8 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Transfer to paper towels to drain; set aside.
Step 3. Heat the olive oil in a separate pan and saute onions about 8 minutes, until golden brown. Saute the bell peppers about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the shrimp and cook about 8 minutes, until pink and cooked through. Salt and pepper the filling.
Step 4. Cut a lengthwise slit in each chile, removing the seeds, leaving the stem intact. Divide the shrimp filling among the chiles, then close, overlapping the sides of each opening slightly.
Step 5. Toss the cucumber, sliced onions, soy sauce, and lime juice on a shallow serving platter. Arrange the chiles on top of the salad and serve.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
Top 3 Tasty Keto Recipes Ground Beef the Whole Family Will Love
Top 3 Seafood Recipes: All-Time Best Recipes for Delicious Dinner