Tripboba.com - We all love this pastry filled with either sweet or savory goodness. Whether you’re preparing for Thanksgiving or simply want to enjoy the crispy crust and rich, hearty fillings, the recipes to making one are just boundless!
From the fresh, juicy apple pie to the moist, flavorful Shepherd’s pie, we’ve got you covered with these delicious pie recipes. They are easy and quick to make, too. So, pick your fave and make your own delightful pastry at home!
Easy Pie Recipes
1. Pecan pie recipes
Looking for a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or Christmas? Then, pecan pie could be your perfect choice! It’s such a great combo of sweet and salty, and what’s more, our pecan recipe is just easy to make!
- 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups (6 ounces) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. meanwhile, prepare the pie crust.
Step 2. In a bowl, mix Karo® Light Corn Syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Stir in pecans and pour the mix into the pie crust.
Step 3. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for at least 2 hours on a wire rack before your pecan pie is ready to serve.
2. Chicken pot pie recipes
Have got plenty of vegs on hand? Why not make this delicious, easy chicken pot pie from scratch? Mix them with chicken and wrap in a flaky, buttery crust and enjoy the moist chicken pot pie in a jiffy!
- 1 pound skinless (boneless chicken breast halves; cubed)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 (9 inches) unbaked pie crusts
Step 1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C.)
Step 2. Combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in a saucepan. Add water, boiling for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
Step 3. Cook onions in butter in the saucepan over medium heat, until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed, followed by slowly stirring in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat, until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 4. Pour the chicken mixture over the pie crust, spread evenly. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal the edges, and cut away excess dough. Don’t forget to make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
Step 5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
3. Shepherd's pie recipes
Though the traditional Shepherd’s pie is made from lamb or mutton, we in the states love to make one with ground beef, and it still makes a great Shepherd’s pie regardless!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds potatoes (about 3 large potatoes; peeled and quartered)
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped; about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1-2 cups vegetables (diced carrots, corn, peas)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground round beef
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice
Step 1. Boil the peeled and quartered potatoes in a medium-sized pot, adding a tablespoon of salt. Cook for about 20 minutes.
Step 2. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter on medium heat. Add the chopped onions and vegs, cooking about 6 to 10 minutes, until tender.
Step 3. Add the ground beef and cook together with the vegs until no longer pink, then salt and pepper.
Step 4. Add the Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
Step 5. When your potatoes are ready, mash them in a bowl with the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 6. Preheat oven to 400 °F. Meanwhile, in a large baking dish (9x13 casserole), spread the beef, onions, and vegetables evenly, topped with mashed potatoes.
Step 7. Bake about 30 minutes, until browned and bubbling.
4. Apple pie recipes
When it comes to pie recipes, you might be reminded of the warm, classic apple pie made fresh from the oven by your grandma. Make the nostalgic pastry with this easy recipe in no time!
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 8 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)s Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
Step 1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar, and brown sugar, bringing to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
Step 2. In your pan, place the bottom crust and fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a latticework crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
Step 3. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 °F (175 °C), then continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
- Wingaersheek Beach: An Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Destination for a Family Vacation
- Ocean Edge Resort: Experience an Unforgettable Stay in the Beautiful Cape Cod
- Soca Valley: Visit The Most Beautiful Travel Destination in Slovenia
- Ranthambore National Park: See The Beauty of Wildlife Closely!
- Surf and Sand Resort: Escape Your Busy Life to This Amazing Resort in California