Kare Kare Recipe: Easy Recipes with Detailed InstructionsOct 18, 2020 01:00 AM Photo by Island Pacific Supermarket on Flickr
Tripboba.com - Kare Kare is a Filipino stew that has a rich and thick peanut sauce. In the Philippines, the kare kare recipe is a popular dish that is served on special occasions. The traditional recipe for kare kare is made of oxtail.
String beans, eggplant, bok choy, and banana blossoms are the vegetable components used in the Kare kare recipe. Often, to thicken the sauce, lightly browned toasted ground rice is used.
Are you ready to try out kare kare recipe at home? Scroll down for the best kare kare recipe! Happy cooking!
Best Kare Kare Recipe
- 1/4 kilo tripe, or tuwalya, cut into squares, rinsed, scrubbed well with salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon atsuete seeds
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 kilo beef shanks, or pork shanks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 bunch string beans, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 eggplants, cut into wedges
- 2 bunches pechay, separated
- 1/2 cup peanuts, pounded into a paste
- 1/4 cup rice, toasted, pounded into a powder
- bagoong, to serve
Step 1. Over medium heat in a pressure cooker, apply tripe, vinegar, and enough water to cover. Boil for ten minutes, discard water, and refill. Boil, cover, and lock the lid again. Simmer until tender, about 40 minutes. Then discard the water, and set aside the tripe.
Step 2. Meanwhile, in a medium-hot pot, heat the oil. Insert atsuete. To release the color, fry, stirring periodically. Remove and discard the seeds using a slotted spoon. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and soft.
Step 3. Move the mixture to a pressure cooker. Attach pork shanks and tripe. To cover, pour in enough water. Get it to a boil and cook. Remove any scum that comes to the surface and dispose of it. Cover, lid, and lock. Cook until tender, about thirty minutes.
Step 4. Unlock the lid and relieve the pressure. Attach string beans, peaches, and eggplants. Comb in the peanut paste and the toasted rice powder. Stir in and apply to the pot. Simmer, and make it thicken. Serve with a bagoong.
Kare Kare Recipe Mama Sita
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 eggplant, sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 12 pcs sitaw or string beans, cut into 2 inch length
- 4 pechay or bok choy , separate stems from leaves
- 1/4 cup banana heart, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup water or pork broth
- 1 pouch Mama Sita's Kare-Kare mix
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
Step 1. Boil the meat in a huge amount of water, reduce the heat, and cook until very tender. You'll use it later by adding more water if needed but leaving around 1 1/2 cups of broth.
Step 2. Boil Pechay or Bok Choy in a different saucepan until tender. Then, put aside. Heat the cooking oil and fry the eggplants in a pan.
Step 3. Saute the garlic and onion in the same pan.
Step 4. Incorporate water and boiled meat. Boil for 5 minutes.
Step 5. Add the Mama Sita kare-kare mix, combine and simmer for 3 minutes.
Step 6. Insert peanut butter and string beans. For 3 minutes, cook. To keep the sauce from sticking to the pan, stir once in a while.
Step 7. Add the fried pechay and eggplant. For 1 minute, stir and boil. Serve with a bagoong and rice.
Beef Kare Kare Recipe
- 2 lbs. beef chuck sliced into cubes
- 1 bunch string beans, also known as snake beans, cut into 2 inch length
- 1 bundle bok choy lower end tip cut-off
- 1 large Chinese eggplant sliced
- 1 1/2 cup ground roasted peanuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons annatto powder
- 2 tablespoons glutinous rice powder
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup of water
Step 1. Heat the oil and insert the garlic and the onion. Cook till the onions are soft.
Step 2. Sprinkle some ground black pepper. Insert the beef and cook until it turns light brown in color.
Step 3. Put the ground peanuts in with the beef. For 2 minutes, stir and cook.
Step 4. In the pan, pour in the beef broth. Let it boil. Until the beef gets tender, cover and boil. If required, you can add water or beef broth.
Step 5. In the meantime, cook the string beans, eggplant, and bok choy. In a kettle, boil 4 cups of water. Place the vegetable batch by batch in boiling water. For 2 minutes, cook the string beans. Remove from boiling water and place it with cold water and ice in a bowl immediately. Take out from the cold water and place it in a new cup. For the remaining vegetables, follow the same actions.
Step 6. If the beef gets tender once, add the fish sauce and the annatto powder mixture, 1⁄2 cup of the water, and the glutinous rice flour. Continue to cook until the sauce's texture thickens.
Step 7. Switch to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy with warm rice!
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers
Top 3 Tasty Keto Recipes Ground Beef the Whole Family Will Love
Top 3 Seafood Recipes: All-Time Best Recipes for Delicious Dinner
Celery Recipes: A Simple Celery Soup You Should Try at Home!