Tripboba.com - If you love rhubarb and have a lot on hand, then make the most of it with your favorite rhubarb cake recipe! Make your own moist and delicious cake for any gathering or as a snacking cake served with ice cream or whipped cream.
So, don’t let the rhubarb season pass without making some soft, luscious loaf of goodness with our best rhubarb cake recipe!
Easy Rhubarb Cake Recipe
1. Rhubarb coffee cake recipe
If you love a good home baking and are looking for some tasty cake to be eaten with coffee, then this old-fashioned, easy rhubarb cake recipe is for you!
• 1 cup butter (softened)
• 2 cups packed brown sugar (divided)
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup whole milk
• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 ½ cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Step 1. Add cream butter and 1 ½ cups brown sugar in a bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Step 2. Add milk, beating until smooth, then combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing well. Fold in rhubarb evenly, then pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Step 3. Combine the cinnamon and remaining brown sugar, sprinkling over batter. Bake at 325 °F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Step 4. Once done, cool on a wire rack and your rhubarb cake is ready to serve with your loved coffee!
2. Rhubarb dump cake recipe
This rhubarb cake recipe couldn’t be any easier to make — in fact, it could also be your loved rhubarb cake mix recipe! Turn your old-fashioned rhubarb cake into a delicious crisp packed with rhubarb with just 6 ingredients and simple cooking instructions!
• 4 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb (chopped)
• 1 scant cup white sugar
• 1 package yellow cake mix
• 1 cup of water
• 1/3 cup butter (melted)
• Cooking spray
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Meanwhile, spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
Step 2. Spread out the chopped rhubarb evenly on the bottom of the pan.
Step 3. Sprinkle over the sugar followed by the cake mix, then pour over the water and melted butter evenly—and you don’t have to mix it!
Step 4. Bake for 45 minutes until bubbling and tender while the top is slightly browned.
Step 5. Serve and enjoy your snack!
3. Strawberry rhubarb cake recipe
Enjoy this favorite seasonal cake packed not only with rhubarb but also fresh strawberries! This rhubarb cake recipe is definitely easy to make and a must-try for you!
• 1 ½ cups flour
• 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
• 1 ¼ cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• ½ cup milk
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
• 1 pound strawberries (hulled and sliced in half or chopped)
• 1 ½ cups cubed rhubarb (2 medium stalks)
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Meanwhile, butter a 10-inch pie plate or tart pan.
Step 2. Cream together the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla, mixing to combine.
Step 3. Gradually add the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg, mixing to combine. Remove the bowl from the electric mixer and gently fold in the rhubarb.
Step 4. Transfer batter to buttered pie plate and spread evenly. Arrange halved strawberries on top of the cake and sprinkle with an additional 2 tablespoons sugar.
Step 5. Bake the cake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 325 °F and continue baking about 1 hour until the cake is golden brown and firm to the touch.
Step 6. Let cool. Cut to serve.
4. Rhubarb upside down cake recipe
Using a cake mix, this is another easy rhubarb cake recipe you can make to enjoy the delightful upside down cake at home in no time!
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
• 6 cups chopped rhubarb
• 1 cup white sugar
• 3 cups miniature marshmallows
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Meanwhile, grease a 9x13 inch pan.
Step 2. On the bottom of the greased 9x13 inch pan, place the previously chopped rhubarb. Sprinkle sugar evenly over the rhubarb, followed by marshmallows.
Step 3. Prepare cake mix according to instructions on the package and pour over rhubarb and marshmallows in pan.
Step 4. Bake for an hour. Once done baking, cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto serving dish so that rhubarb is on top. Enjoy the rhubarb upside-down cake!
- No Tea Facts Only: This Grandma on Twitter Has Been Posting “Spot On” Hilarious Tweets that Make the Internet Loves Her
- A Twitter User Asked If Anyone Has Experienced More Stressful Moment Compared to His and the Reactions Are Hilarious!
- 20 Pictures of "Dudette With Sign" Show Her Arguments Are No Less Important Than the "Dude With Sign"
- These 30 Pictures of "Dude With Sign" Will Make Your Day With His Relatable Protests
- These 25 Very Useful Pieces of Advice by Twitter Users Will Give You A New Hope!