5 Simple Rockfish Recipes to Enjoy the Seafood Goodness for Your WeeknightSep 23, 2020 07:00 PM Photo by Tom Noe from Flickr
Tripboba.com - Catching some rockfish and don’t know how to deal with it? Fret not, you can make a great main course for your weeknight or date night if you choose the right rockfish recipes!
Make your rockfish into a piece of perfectly crispy fried rockfish or a mild juicy broiled rockfish. You choose your fave!
We’ve got you covered with these simple and delicious rockfish recipes. So, let's learn to make one at home and enjoy the goodness of seafood in no time!
- Baked rockfish recipes
- Pan seared rockfish recipes
- Grilled rockfish recipes
- Broiled rockfish recipes
- Fried rockfish recipes
Simple Rockfish Recipes
1. Baked rockfish recipes
Taste the fantastic one-dish meal of rockfish fillets placed on a bed of fresh spinach, topped with lemon and onion, and baked. The recipe is easy and quick to make, too!
• 5 cups fresh spinach
• 2 (6 ounces) fillets rockfish
• 10 eaches cherry tomatoes (halved)
• ½ cup vegetable broth
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
• Salt and ground black pepper to taste
• 2 slices lemon slices
• 2 slices onion slices
• 1 teaspoon butter
Step 1. Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
Step 2. In a 2-quart baking dish, layer the spinach and lay the rockfish on top of it.
Step 3. Scatter the tomatoes around the fish, pouring the broth into the dish. Season the fillet with the dill, garlic powder, lemon pepper, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Place the lemon, onion, and butter on the rockfish. Once done, cover with aluminum foil.
Step 4. Bake about 20 to 25 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
2. Pan seared rockfish recipes
Whatever rockfish you’ve caught, it makes a great dinner of tender fish with a toothsome crust, poured with nutty, lemony brown butter and fragrant herbs, coming from the pan-searing.
• 2 5- to 6-ounce rockfish fillets (1/2- to 1-inch thick)
• Salt and ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 sprigs fresh thyme, tarragon, chives, or another herb
• 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
• Lemon wedges
Step 1. Pat fillets dry with a paper towel. Salt and pepper.
Step 2. Heat a heavy 10-inch nonstick or cast-iron skillet over high heat, adding the oil once heated. Place the fillets in the pan, skin side down, laying them down away from your body. Press down gently for about 20 seconds for fillets with the skin to prevent curling.
Step 3. Lower heat to medium and let sizzle about 2 to 3 minutes, until fish is golden and caramelized around edges. Flip fillets, adding butter and thyme to the pan. Keep basting the fish with the melted butter for another 45 to 90 seconds until golden all over and cooked through.
Step 4. Serve hot with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
3. Grilled rockfish recipes
This is one of the easiest rockfish recipes you should give a try! The marinated fish packs lots of garlic and basil, grilled and ready to enjoy!
• 2 lb Rockfish filet
• 3 tb Vegetable oil
• 1 tb Lemon juice
• 4 tb Butter
• 4 clove Garlic
• 2 tb Basil (fresh and chopped)
• 1 dash Cayenne pepper
Step 1. Before grilling, marinate the fish in the oil and lemon juice for at least 30 minutes.
Step 2. Grill for 10 to 15 min, turning once.
Step 3. Heat the butter and stew the garlic for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, followed by adding the basil and cayenne pepper.
Step 4. Remove from the heat. Serve with the garlic butter.
4. Broiled rockfish recipes
One tip for one of the best broiled rockfish recipes: butter the fish first before dusting it with flour to seal the moisture! Now, you’re good to go!
• 4 rockfish fillets (6 ounces each)
• 6 tablespoons butter (melted; divided)
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Step 1. Spray a broiler rack with cooking spray.
Step 2. Place the fish on the rack and drizzle 3 tablespoons butter over fillets, dusting with flour and sprinkle with paprika.
Step 3. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until fish just begins to brown.
Step 4. Combine lemon juice, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining butter, pouring over fish. Broil for another 5 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
5. Fried rockfish recipes
Celebrate the Fish Fry Fridays together with family with one of the most delicious fried rockfish recipes!
• 20 ounces rockfish fillets (cut into 1-ounce bites )
• 1 tablespoon Grill Mates® Seafood Seasoning
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups egg wash (50:50 eggs and water)
• 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
• 1 cup mustard seafood aioli
• 1 each lemon (cut into 4 wedges)
• 4 sprig parsley
Step 1. Trim seafood into pieces (no thicker than 3/4").
Step 2. On a sheet pan, lay fish pieces out close together and season lightly on one side with Grill Mates Seafood Seasoning.
Step 3. In equally sized shallow half hotel pans, set up a standard breading station.
Step 4. Next to the seasoned seafood bites, start with flower, then a pan of egg wash, a pan of panko crumbs, and finally a parchment-lined sheet tray for the breaded seafood bites. Bread each piece through the flour, egg wash, and panko.
Step 5. Hold refrigerated for frying to order.
Step 6. Fry 5 pieces to order in a 350 °F fryer.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers