Top 3 Seafood Recipes: All-Time Best Recipes for Delicious DinnerOct 18, 2020 12:00 AM Photo by esimpraim on Flickr
Tripboba.com - The key to a balanced diet is these delicious treats from the sea. Protein-packed seafood is low in calories, salt, and cholesterol and offers vitamins and minerals, and can minimize heart disease risk and lower blood pressure.
So, get excited and experiment with cooking frozen and fresh fish at home with these seafood recipes. Are you ready to check out these seafood recipes? Scroll down for super tasty seafood recipes to try at home!
Seafood Chowder Recipes
A chowder is a type of soup that is chunky in texture and has a creamy base. There are a few chowder variations: clam chowder, corn chowder, and, of course, this chowder of seafood! This is one of the best seafood recipes to try!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 100g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 600ml fish stock, made from 1 fish stock cube
- 225g new potato halved
- pinch mace
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 300ml milk
- 320g pack fish pie mix (salmon, haddock, and smoked haddock)
- 4 tbsp single cream
- 250g pack cooked mixed shellfish
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
Step 1. Over medium heat, heat the oil in a large saucepan, then add the onion and bacon. Cook until the onion is soft and the bacon is cooked, for 8-10 mins. Stir in the flour and simmer for an additional 2 mins.
Step 2. Pour the fish stock in and get it to a gentle simmer. Insert the potatoes, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through, for 10-12 mins.
Step 3. Stir in the milk and add the mace, cayenne pepper, and some seasoning.
Step 4. Tip the fish pie mixture into the pan and boil gently for 4 mins. Add the cream and shellfish and boil for an additional 1 min. Check the taste. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Step 5. Done! This is one of the simplest seafood recipes. Easy peasy!
Seafood Boil Recipes
Tired of going to the seafood boil restaurants? Make your ultimate seafood boil at home! We guarantee you will love this one of the best seafood recipes.
- 3 lemons divided use
- 1/2 cup Old Bay seasoning plus more for garnish
- 8 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 onion peeled and cut into 6 pieces
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes halved
- 4 ears corn on the cob cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 3 lobster tails
- 1 pound clams scrubbed
- 1 pound crab legs pre-cooked
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into 1 inch pieces, kielbasa or andouille are preferred
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined (leave tails on)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Step 1. Cut 2 lemons into pieces. Cut into wedges the remaining lemon and save the wedges for garnish.
Step 2. With 14-16 cups of water, fill a large container. Along with the Old Bay seasoning, garlic and onion put the 2 quartered lemons in the water. Bring it to a boil.
Step 3. In a pot, add the potatoes and cook for 8 minutes.
Step 4. Add the lobster tails and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 5. Stir in the clams, shrimp, and corn, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 6. Stir in the shrimp and sausage and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
Step 7. Drain the mixture of seafood from the pot and leave 1 cup of the broth.
Step 8. In a shallow bowl, warm the butter and whisk it into the reserved broth. Over the fish mixture, pour the broth.
Step 9. Garnish with lemon wedges and chopped parsley. Sprinkle to taste with extra Old Bay seasoning, and serve directly.
Seafood Pasta Recipes
Seafood pasta recipes are one of the must-try seafood recipes that the whole family will love. Ready to cook seafood pasta recipe? Check this out now!
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. scallops, patted dry
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. milk
- 3/4 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Step 1. Cook spaghetti according to the label instructions in a big pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain it and return to the pot.
Step 2. In the meantime, in a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and add the shrimp and scallops. Cook on either side for 2 minutes, then move to a tray.
Step 3. Add the shallot and garlic to the skillet and simmer for 3 minutes, until tender and fragrant. Season with salt and insert milk, broth, Parmesan, tomatoes, and parsley. Simmer 3 more minutes, then return shrimp and scallops and toss until mixed. After that, squeeze with lemon juice.
Step 4. Add the cooked spaghetti, then toss until it is fully covered.
Step 5. Add parsley to garnish and serve with Parmesan. That’s all the delicious seafood recipes that you can try at home. Happy cooking!
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers