Tripboba.com - If you love chicken cuisine, you won't skip trying this Tandoori chicken recipe.It is made from marinade chicken with yogurt, lime juice, spices, and kasoori methi. Tandoori chicken is perfect for a heavy dinner.
We provide you three different Tandoori chicken recipes from Indian to Pakistani taste. Let's decide which one you are interested to make first!
- 1. Authentic Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- 2. Tandoori Chicken Tikka Recipe
- 3. Pakistani Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Best Tandoori Chicken Recipe
1. Authentic Tandoori Chicken Recipe
This authentic tandoori chicken in the oven is easy and flavorful. Prepare the ingredients and be ready to try the best tandoori chicken recipe below.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon kasoori methi
- 1/4 inch piece ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/8 teaspoon orange food color, optional
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Step 1. Prepare a medium bowl and add all ingredients except chicken
Step 2. Then, add chicken thighs and toss them around, make sure they are all covered with the marinade.
Step 3. After that, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 7 hours or overnight.
Step 4. While waiting for the chicken, preheat oven to 375 °F.
Step 5. Once the chicken is well marinated, remove from the refrigerator and place it in the baking sheet.
Step 6. Then broil the chicken for approximately 20 minutes until well cooked.
Step 7. Remove the baking sheet from oven and transfer chicken to a wire rack to cool
Step 8. To serve, place in a plate and garnish with celery and lemon sliced.
2. Tandoori Chicken Tikka Recipe
Another grilled tandoori chicken recipe, proper chicken tikka is good to have in your recipe library. Tandoori chicken tikka is cooked in garlic, saffron, and chili marinade. Chicken tikka is considered as the best Indian tikkas and the king of all tikkas.
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon chickpea flour
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger, peeled
- 1 green chili
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Saffron, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 450 grams skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1. Blend ginger, garlic, and green chili in a wet grinder until form a smooth paste.
Step 2. In a separate bowl, mix yogurt and gram flour. Then add the ginger, garlic, chili paste you have blended before into the bowl. Also add paprika, chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala.
Step 3. Then, add ground cinnamon, saffron, and salt. Mix the ingredients well before coating to the chicken pieces.
Step 4. Now, add chicken to the thick marinade and allow to marinate for 6-7 hours or even overnight.
Step 5. While waiting for the chicken soak wooden skewers in water and preheat the grill on medium heat.
Step 6. Once the chicken is ready, thread it onto the skewers and place on the wire rack
Step 7. Then, cook under the grill for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Do not forget to turn back the skewers every 5 minutes and brush with melted butter.
Step 8. Serve tandoori chicken tikka with roti or parathas. Also sprinkle chaat masala, chutney, little lemon juice, and salad.
3. Pakistani Tandoori Chicken Recipe
This is an easy smoked Tandoori chicken recipe for everyone who wants to prepare delicious dinner with a taste of Pakistani. Here the things you should gather at your kitchen!
- 6 Chicken legs
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 teaspoon red chili powder
- Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon chickpea/gram flour
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
Step 1. Start by mixing all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
Step 2. Add chicken legs and coat all of them with marinade mixture. Make sure all the parts are covered.
Step 3. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. You can marinate overnight.
Step 4. When the chicken is ready, preheat oven to 425 °F and line the baking sheet with foil and oil.
Step 5. Place the chicken in the baking sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Flip back the chicken and bake for another 15 minutes.
Step 6. Remove from the oven when chicken is crispy enough.
Step 7. Now, smoke the chicken for 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 8. Serve this Pakistani tandoori chicken recipe with Mint Raita and Coriander.
- No Tea Facts Only: This Grandma on Twitter Has Been Posting “Spot On” Hilarious Tweets that Make the Internet Loves Her
- A Twitter User Asked If Anyone Has Experienced More Stressful Moment Compared to His and the Reactions Are Hilarious!
- 20 Pictures of "Dudette With Sign" Show Her Arguments Are No Less Important Than the "Dude With Sign"
- These 30 Pictures of "Dude With Sign" Will Make Your Day With His Relatable Protests
- These 25 Very Useful Pieces of Advice by Twitter Users Will Give You A New Hope!