Tripboba.com - Are you craving for a delicious Mexican meal? If yes, you should try this Elote recipe. Learn how to make the authentic Elote so you can make one that tastes like the famous street food in Mexico.
You don't need to worry because the steps of this Elote recipe is simple, even beginners will meet no problems. So, are you ready to try this Elote recipe?
Scroll down to learn each of the recipes for Elote Tripboba has compiled for you!
1. Elote Corn Recipe
- Vegetable oil for brushing
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream or you can use Mexican crema
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup queso fresco or cojita cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Lime wedges
Step 1. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic into a shallow bowl. Mix well, set aside. Spread the crumbled cheese on a plate, set aside. Combine chili powder, cayenne leaf, and 1 teaspoon salt and set aside in a small cup.
Step 2. Brush grill grate with vegetable oil. Heat grill to high heat. Put the corn straight on the grill. Grill corn, occasionally turning for about 10 minutes until cooked and lightly charred.
Step 3. Brush the corn with mayonnaise mixture right away. Roll the corn in cheese crumble and sprinkles mixed with chili powder and cilantro. Squeeze lime over corn and then serve.
Done! You've just learned the first Elote Recipe!
2. Authentic Elote Recipe
- 8 Corn on the Cob
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp salt separated into two portions of 1 tsp.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup queso fresco queso cotija also works
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 1 to 2 tsp dried thyme
Step 1. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, bay leaves, and thyme, or use epazote if you have to boil water. After that, add the corn to the cob and cook for about 30 minutes.
Step 2. Strain the water from the corn and cover with lime juice and an extra teaspoon of salt per corn on the cob. If you want, you can use more.
Step 3. Cover with mayonnaise, then roll each corn into the queso fresco over the cob and sprinkle with chili powder.
The second Elote Recipe is unlocked!
3. Elote Recipe Cup
- 10 ears corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 1 ¼ cups butter
- 2 ½ cups lime juice
- 2 ½ cups crema Mexicana
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 ¼ cups crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 10 wedges fresh lime
Step 1. Put the corn in a casserole and cover with salted water. After that, bring it to a boil. The next thing you should do is reduce heat to medium-low. Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Drain in the saucepan and return the corn.
Step 2. Spoon ¾ cup corn into 10 serving bowls. After that, add 2 tablespoons of butter to each one and stir until butter is melted. In each tub, add ¼ cup lime juice and 1/4 cup crema Mexicana, sprinkle a generous amount of chili powder on each. Don't forget to season with salt.
Step 3. Use 2 tablespoons of cotija cheese and hot sauce to top each serving. Lastly, garnish with a lime wedge.
You're done with the third Elote Recipe!
4. Elote Recipe Off the Cob
Elote off the cob will be your alternative to enjoy Elote less messily. It is guaranteed that the taste will be as delicious as the 'on the cob' version.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 3 ounces cotija cheese, freshly grated or crumbled
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 green onion stalk, finely chopped
- A handful of freshly of chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Step 1. Melt butter over medium-high heat and place the kernels of corn in a cast-iron skillet. Spread over an even layer and cook for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook until the outside is charred/browned and remember to stir regularly. Be cautious of the hot kernels popping up quickly!
Step 2. When charred/browned, blend in mayo, cotija, paprika, green onion, parsley, salt, and pepper in a big bowl.
Step 3. Combine, divide equally, and serve!
- No Tea Facts Only: This Grandma on Twitter Has Been Posting “Spot On” Hilarious Tweets that Make the Internet Loves Her
- A Twitter User Asked If Anyone Has Experienced More Stressful Moment Compared to His and the Reactions Are Hilarious!
- 20 Pictures of "Dudette With Sign" Show Her Arguments Are No Less Important Than the "Dude With Sign"
- These 30 Pictures of "Dude With Sign" Will Make Your Day With His Relatable Protests
- These 25 Very Useful Pieces of Advice by Twitter Users Will Give You A New Hope!