Tripboba.com - Okay, lasagna sure is delicious. But how about its vegan variation? The concept of a cheese-less lasagna might be questionable, but hear us out: it's delicious in its own way!
There are some other options for the cheese, so you don’t have to have to worry about the taste! Vegan lasagna is, in fact, just as palatable as any other lasagna.
So, if you’re a vegan yet want to enjoy the scrumptious dish, try out some of our vegan lasagna recipes now!
Best Vegan Vegetable Lasagna Recipes
1. Vegan lasagna recipes with tofu ricotta
A large number of vegan lasagna recipes use a hummus tofu ricotta in lieu of cheese. Surprise everyone at home with the rich dairy-free lasagna with one of our best vegan lasagna recipes—not noticing that there’s no cheese involved in the making!
This could also be one of the best vegan zucchini lasagna recipes and vegan spinach lasagna recipes available, so make sure you gather lots of your favorite vegs!
• 12 whole grain lasagna noodles
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium zucchini, chopped (optional)
• 8oz pkg sliced mushrooms
• 12oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed
• 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (optional)
• 7–10 cups marinara sauce (2-25oz jars)
• 2–14oz pkg extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
• 10oz tub roasted garlic hummus (1 heaping cup)
• ½ cup nutritional yeast
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (optional)
• 1 tsp fine sea salt
• 1 tsp garlic powder
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add noodles and cook just until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Step 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté zucchini, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt and pepper for 5 minutes or until softened. Add spinach and peas and sauté for another 5 minutes. Once done, remove the pan from heat.
Step 3. Place drained tofu in a large bowl. Crumble with hands. Add hummus, nutritional yeast, basil, salt, and garlic powder. Stir together with your hands until it’s semi-smooth and resembles ricotta.
Step 4. Place about 1 ½ cups of marinara in the bottom of a 9x13in baking dish. Top with 4 noodles (3 lengthwise and 1 widthwise to cover the gap at the end). Next, add half of the ricotta mixture and half of the vegetable mixture. Top with a heaping 1 ½ cups or more of sauce.
Repeat with more noodles, tofu mixture, and veggies. Then top with one last layer of noodles and another 1 ½ cups or more of sauce if you love sauce! Now, top with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
Step 5. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
2. Vegan lasagna recipes without tofu
Not a fan of tofu? Try out one of our best vegan lasagna recipes with cashew cream in the place of cheese!
• 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours if you do not have a high-powered blender
• 1 cup water
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt (for cashew cream), ½ teaspoon fine sea salt (for veg)
• ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 medium-to-large yellow onion (chopped)
• 2 large or 3 medium carrots (chopped)
• 8 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms (cleaned and chopped)
• Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
• 5 to 6 ounces baby spinach (roughly chopped)
• 2 cloves garlic (pressed or minced)
• 2 ½ cups marinara sauce
• 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
• Vegan Parmesan (or a light sprinkle of nutritional yeast) or fresh basil to garnish
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
Step 2. Combine the presoaked cashews, water, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and mustard in a blender, mixing until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Step 3. Prep the vegs by warming the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once shimmering, add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, salt, and several twists of black pepper. Cook about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, until most of the moisture is gone and the vegetables are tender and turning golden on the edges.
Step 4. In the skillet, toss a few large handfuls of spinach in batches. Cook, stirring frequently until the spinach has wilted. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds until fragrant, stirring constantly. Remove the skillet from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Step 5. Spread ¾ cup tomato sauce evenly over the bottom of a 9” by 9” baking dish. Layer 3 lasagna noodles on top (snap off their ends to fit, and/or overlap their edges as necessary). Spread 1 cup of the cashew cream evenly over the noodles. Top with half of the veggies. Top with ¾ cup tomato sauce.
Step 6. Top with 3 more noodles, followed by another 1 cup cashew cream (save the leftover cream). Then add the remaining veggies.
Step 7. Top with 3 more noodles, then cover them evenly by spreading ¾ cup tomato sauce over the top.
Step 8. Wrap a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil around the top of the lasagna, making sure it’s taut so it doesn’t touch the top. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the cover, rotate the pan by 180°C, and continue cooking for about 5 to 10 more minutes, until it’s steaming and lightly bubbling at the corners.
Step 9. Remove the pan let cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle leftover cashew cream on top and sprinkle vegan Parmesan and fresh basil on top to garnish.
3. Vegan eggplant lasagna recipes
Made with eggplant slices, marinara sauce, vegan tofu ricotta, and vegan parmesan cheese, you sure have to try out one of the easiest vegan lasagna recipes as follows!
• 1 large eggplant (sliced into 1/4-inch or 5 mm slices lengthwise)
• 1 batch of marinara sauce
• 1 batch of vegan tofu ricotta
• ½ batch of vegan parmesan cheese
Step 1. To remove excess water and bitterness, prep the eggplants. Place a colander in the sink, then add salt to the eggplant slices on both sides and place it into the colander for about 15 minutes.
Step 2. Rinse and dry salted eggplant slices. Grill them until golden brown.
Step 3. Preheat the oven to 400 ºF or 200 ºC.
Step 4. Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking or casserole dish. Top with a layer of eggplant slices.
Step 5. Spoon 1/3 of the vegan tofu ricotta over the eggplant slices and spread into an even layer. Then top with some vegan parmesan cheese (about 2 tbsp), some marinara sauce and another layer of eggplant slices. Repeat to the desired numbers of layers.
Step 6. Add some marinara sauce and parmesan cheese on top and bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 7. Remove from the oven. Let rest. Cut and serve the lasagna.
- No Tea Facts Only: This Grandma on Twitter Has Been Posting “Spot On” Hilarious Tweets that Make the Internet Loves Her
- A Twitter User Asked If Anyone Has Experienced More Stressful Moment Compared to His and the Reactions Are Hilarious!
- 20 Pictures of "Dudette With Sign" Show Her Arguments Are No Less Important Than the "Dude With Sign"
- These 30 Pictures of "Dude With Sign" Will Make Your Day With His Relatable Protests
- These 25 Very Useful Pieces of Advice by Twitter Users Will Give You A New Hope!