All About Zoo Praha: Everything You Need to Know Before VisitingOct 30, 2020 10:15 AM Zoo Praha - Photo by Александр Каненков from Flickr
Tripboba.com - Zoo Praha is an amazing zoo in Prague (Praha), Czechia. This place is a must destination to visit when you are around the city. It's perfect to visit, especially with your children.
You will see various animals of different species at the zoo. Not only the animals, but there are fun programs to join too! So before you visit the zoo, we have some important things for you to know about Zoo Praha below. Keep reading!
Zoo Praha is also known as Prague Zoo. This big place firstly opened in 1931 with some purposes to study zoology, protect wildlife, and educate the people. This 58 ha zoo has many beautiful animals meet, like elephants, pandas, birds, and many more. Also, there are some fun programs to join so that you can learn something after visiting the zoo.
If you have a plan to go to Zoo Praha, it's so recommended to keep scrolling because we have useful information you should know about the zoo. So, you know when to visit, what to prepare, and how much to pay!
Contact and location
Address: U Trojského zámku 120/3, 171 00 Praha 7, Czechia
Official website: www.zoopraha.cz/en
Official email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The open hours of Zoo Praha have some periods at different times. Also, remember that turnstiles, ticket counters, pavilions and attractions, souvenir stores, restaurants, and refreshment stands close at 7 PM and you are allowed to stay at the zoo until 7 PM in June, July, and August. Another note is that the zoo opens from 9 AM to 2 PM on December 24th, but you can explore Zoo Praha until 4 PM. Here's the detail of periods!
- January-February: 9 AM to 4 PM
- March: 9 AM to 5 PM
- April-May: 9 AM to 6 PM
- June-Agustus: 9 AM to 9 PM
- September-October: 9 AM to 6 PM
- November-December: 9 AM to 4 PM
- Adults: CZK 250
- Children (3-15 years old): CZK 200
- Students (valid student ID card is needed): CZK 200
- Retirees, holders of ZTP and ZTP/P disability ID cards: CZK 150
- Retirees aged 70 years old and older: CZK 1
- Families (2 adults and 4 children): CZK 800
- Children under 3 years old: Free
- Dogs: CZK 100
- Adults: CZK 1.000
- Children (3-15 years old): CZK 600
- Students: CZK 600
- Retirees, holders of ZTP and ZTP/P disability ID cards: CZK 450
- Families (2 adults and 4 children): CZK 2.500
- Companies: CZK 5.000
- Dogs: CZK 350
- Annual pass replacement: CZK 100
- Pessanger cars: CZK 200 a day
- Buses: CZK 300 a day
- Rark and ride area (at Povltavská Street): CZK 50 a day
- ZTP and ZTP/P disability cardholders can park for free
- Cars: CZK 900 (12 times a year)
Services provided for visitors
- Storage lockers
- Borrow a stroller (cart or wheelchair)
- Children’s Tram
- “Footprints in time” geotrail
- Commemorative medal vending machine
- Large-screen multitouch panels and infokiosks
- Mist sprinklers for refreshment
- Banking and payment cards
- Lost child information
- Sanitary facilities (changing tables)
- Visiting the zoo with your dog
Zoo Praha's animals
You will be surprised to see the beautiful animals at Zoo Praha. There are many of them with different species to meet. The total of species is about 676 species.
There are mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish and cartilaginous fish, and invertebrates. All the animals are cared for well by the zoo. That's why visitors are not allowed to touch them or feed them, except for the feeding area (Children's Zoo).
All spots you must explore
- Bororo Reserve
- Giant Salamander House
- Elephant Valley
- Hippo House
- Gorilla Pavilion
- Indonesian Jungle
- African House
- Africa Up Close
- Fur Seal Exhibit
- Pavilion of Penguins
- Chambal – Pavilion of Gharials
- Pavilion of Big Tortoises
- Lemur Island
- Water World and Monkey Islands
- Children’s Zoo
- Feline and Reptile Pavilion
- Bird World
- Bird Wetlands
- Parrot Trail
- Birds of Prey
- Northern Forests
- Rocky Outcrop
- African Savanna
Zoo Praha Gorila
Zoo Praha is also popular for the gorilla called Richard. He was born in Frankfurt am Main, Germany on November 9th, 1991. So, now he is 29 years old. At the zoo, he is so visible among other his friends. He has a big, athletic, and muscular body with silver black thighs, a high-top head, and pervasive eyes. He is so sensitive. He likes his peace and quiet and feels most satisfied if his whole day run.
Also, there is Nuru, Richard's youngest baby. Nuru is from Swahili word meaning light. He is a kind of curious and skillful gorilla. You will be happy when seeing him so active and playful. He can's stay in one place for long. That's why you will see him always run all time, do handstands, or make fantastic faces. His actions always make visitors entertained and happy. So, make sure you meet Richard and Nuru!
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers