Governor Dodge State Park is well known as one of the state's largest parks in Wisconsin. There are over 5,000 acres of steep hills, bluffs, and deep valleys, including two lakes and a waterfall.
There are several exciting activities you might like here, such as camping, picnicking, hiking, canoeing, biking, hunting, fishing, off-road biking, cross-country skiing, and horseback riding.
Before you plan your visit, a Governor Dodge State Park reservation is required. Book through phone or on their official site for a campsite, group visit, equestrian, day-use, and marina. The most important thing is that the visitor should follow the COVID-19 Protocol by wearing face-covering and practice social distancing while in Governor Dodge State Park.
Also, it would be fun while you can visit the park with your pet. Governor Dodge State Park has a pet swim area which is located next to the Cox Hollow swimming beach.
Want to know more about Governor Dodge State Park? You come to the right page. Tripboba will share with you some information you might need before going for a great vacation visiting this park. Keep scrolling!
- Governor Dodge State Park Camping
- Governor Dodge State Park Hiking
- Governor Dodge State Park Fishing
- Governor Dodge State Park Horseback Riding
- Governor Dodge State Park Waterfall
- Hotels Near Governor Dodge State Park
Governor Dodge State Park Camping
Suppose you want to experience yourself spending the night at Governor Dodge State Park. In that case, you will find sites for several camping areas. Reservation is required!
- Regular (Family) Campsites: Governor Dodge State Park offers around 269 campsites in Twin Valley and Cox Hollow campgrounds. Electric hookups are available at 80 sites.
- Group Campsites: It offers eight campsites that can accommodate groups of 15 to 40 persons. You can enjoy the facilities available here, such as a tent area, picnic tables, a large fire ring, and a set of pit toilets.
- Backpack Campsites: There are around six backpack campsites that are located near the Hickory Ridge. All sites are about 0,5 miles from the parking area.
- Horse Campsites: Governor Dodge State Park offers 11 regular campsites and 2 small group sites for horse campers, located in the Trails End Horse Camp. The campground and horse trails are available from May 1 to November 15.
- Winter Camping: There are more than 30 campsites in the Twin Valley campground, which are available for winter campers. The facilities, including electricity, pit toilets, picnic tables, and fire rings.
Governor Dodge State Park Hiking
If you are looking for the best trails for hiking, you might find the right place. It's Governor Dodge State Park. You will find more than 2,700 miles of trail at Wisconsin state park properties.
Governor Dodge State Park Fishing
Enjoy the opportunities in a unique combination of lakes, streams, and rivers. Make it one of the top fishing destinations in Wisconsin. Check their official website about fishing season dates, where's the ideal place to fish, and so on.
Governor Dodge State Park Horseback Riding
Another fun activity you might be doing in Governor Dodge State Park is horseback riding. There are more than 700 miles of trails in Wisconsin state parks, forests, picnic areas, etc.
Governor Dodge State Park Waterfall
Pattison State Park features the highest waterfalls in Wisconsin. It is also well known as the fourth highest waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains. A big Manitou Falls is about 165 feet tall, and Twin Little Manitou Falls is 31 feet tall. This 1,400-section of land park additionally has a lake with a seashore, a natural place, outdoors, and incredible climbing trails.
Hotels Near Governor Dodge State Park
Don Q Inn
Stay at the romantic and memorable hotel in Don Q Inn. It's A unique theme-style hotel which is located in the rolling glaciated hills of southwestern Wisconsin. The facilities including hot breakfast, an indoor and outdoor pool, free internet access, 24-hour front desk.
Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites
Located near some exciting place, Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites offers several amenities like complimentary breakfast, indoor and outdoor pool, so on. Besides, you will enjoy the downhill skiing at Tyrol Basin in the colder months. If you are nature lovers, this might be your perfect place to stay.
AmericInn by Wyndham Dodgeville
AmericInn by Wyndham Dodgeville is located near some exciting places and Governor Dodge State Park and the House on the Rock. It is also surrounded by restaurants, skiing at Tyrol Basin, Ice Wolves Hockey games in Herne Harris Park. The amenities, including free internet access, a pool, gym, free breakfast, and etc.
- 10 Most Followers on Instagram, Number 1 is Unexpected to be On The List!
- 10 Most Subscribers Youtube Channel, who's your favorite?
- Top 6 Hotels South Beach Miami: A Stay Surrounded by Entertainment Places
- 11 Pictures of Expectation vs Reality Food Edition, Something That You Have to See!
- 11 Best cat videos on Tiktok with cuteness overload, cat lovers should watch this.