Kohler Andrae State Park: Things to Do and Amenities to Enjoy at the Wisconsin State ParkNov 08, 2020 11:44 PM Photo by mastodont from Flickr.
Tripboba.com - Located in the Town of Wilson, a few miles south of the city of Sheboygan, Kohler Andrae State Park comprises two adjacent Wisconsin state parks named for John Michael Kohler State Park and Terry Andrae State Park. Kohler-Andrae is one of the last natural preserves along the Lake Michigan shore.
This destination covering over two miles (3 km) of beaches and sand dunes along the shore of Lake Michigan, with woods and wetlands away from the water. The Black River winds through the park where an abundance of wildlife—including threatened plants—resides.
Enjoy available amenities and recreational activities at the park including fishing, boating, and swimming. The park also offers you extensive trails, campgrounds, and more facilities to discover. Tripboba has got you covered with the complete guide to visiting the park, so make sure to keep reading and don’t miss a thing!
Kohler-Andrae State Park
Kohler Andrae State Park beach
You’ll be able to kayak and canoe on Lake Michigan, although always beware of the strong winds, especially the west winds for the strong ones can blow watercraft away from the shoreline. Also, there are no boat launching ramps or docks at the park. No worries, though, for you can still enjoy your favorite waterfront activities and bring your own gears.
Kohler Andrae State Park hiking
- The Creeping Juniper Nature Trail is a half-mile long trail on a cordwalk through the rolling sand dunes by Sanderling Nature Center. The trail has self-guiding nature signs.
- The Woodland Dunes Nature Trail is one mile (1.6 km) trail through forested rolling dunes. Self-guiding nature signs throughout the trail describe many of the unique trees visitor experiences within Kohler-Andrae. Self-guiding nature signs throughout the trail describe many of the unique trees visitor experiences within Kohler-Andrae. The trail can be accessed by the campgrounds.
- The Dunes Cordwalk has a half mile north and 1.5-mile (2.4 km) south portions on a wooden cordwalk through rolling dunes parallel to Lake Michigan.
- The Black River Trail is a 2.5-mile (4.0 km) long grass trail at the northwest section of the park. You can access the trail on the north of the park on County Highway V. It passes through open fields, woodlands, and evergreen forests. Enjoy Kohler Andrae State Park bike trails on the Black River for it allows horses and mountain bikes.
- Black River Marsh Boardwalk is a quarter mile boardwalk through a wetland. It can be accessed near site 48.
You’d never miss the excitement even if you’ve only got time to visit the park in winter for there’s plenty to keep you busy. The park’s network of hiking trails is open to snowshoeing, taking you through the snow-crusted pine forests. You can also cross-country ski on the park’s groomed, marked course.
Kohler Andrae State Park camping
The campground is open year-round. Enjoy available amenities during the warm weather season including showers, flush toilet, and laundry in the family campground. Campsites don’t have water or sewer hookups, but a trailer dump station and a freshwater fill-up station are available in the park. Family campsites 3, 22, 23, 28, 32, 33, and Group sites A and B are plowed for winter camping.
Kohler Andrae State Park cabin sleeps up to six people and features electricity, heat and air conditioning, a stovetop, microwave, refrigerator, two fully automated hospital beds, a Hoyer lift, a full-sized sofa bed, two cots, kitchen table and chairs, a modern bathroom with wheel-in shower and commode chair, screened porch, and an outdoor accessible fire ring.
As for the group campground, it has two group campsites with a combined capacity of 50 people.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers