All About Wellesley Island State Park NY You Shouldn't Miss!Dec 03, 2020 02:45 PM Photo by Nicolas Raymond on Flickr
Tripboba.com - With 432 campsites, Wellesley Island State Park is the largest camping complex in the Thousand Islands area. Inside this rustic paradise, fishing, particularly for perch, smallmouth bass, pike, and muskie, is excellent. The park has a full-service marina and four boat launches to please boaters.
There is fantastic fishing and sunbathing on a sandy beach on the river. There is a camp shop, laundromat, arcade, and the 9-hole Wellesley Island State Park Golf Course on the Island.
If you plan to visit Wellesley Island State Park, you are in the right place! Keep scrolling for the complete guide about Wellesley Island State Park by Tripboba!
Wellesley Island State Park NYPhoto by Nicolas Raymond on Flickr
In the Thousand Islands area, Wellesley Island State Park has the largest camping complex. Only by foot or cruise are remote woodland areas nestled along the shores of the St. Lawrence River available.
The Minna Anthony Common Nature Centre includes a gallery, diverse landscapes such as wooded wetlands, 3 miles of shoreline and open granite outcrops, miles of hiking trails, cross-country skiing nature education, is one of the park's key attractions.
For all ages, the Nature Center offers instructional and recreational activities.
Activities range from summertime beach swimming to wintertime shooting, ice fishing, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing, considered a flagship facility. Visitors can enjoy many summer sports, such as biking, boating, jet & water skiing, swimming, golfing, and hiking.
There is no rental equipment at the park. Patrons will also visit the zoo, participate in outdoor events arranged by the park, and enjoy a picnic. With access to picnic tables and the seasonal butterfly building, the Nature Center has a handicapped-accessible trail.
A cove, a marina, boat launch areas, boating, boat parking, cabins, campsites, dump stations, restrooms, food concessions, a golf course, a nature walk, a museum and observation center, picnic tables, a garden, and playgrounds are provided in the park.
At the camp shop, laundry facilities are also open. The park has group camping facilities and twelve-holiday rentals, which are professionally furnished cottages with porches on which tenants can enjoy the sunset.
Wellesley Island State Park CampsitePhoto by NYS Parks and Sites on Flickr
Any reservation with departure dates past the nine months timeframe cannot be changed or canceled until 18 days after the reservation has been made to ensure consistency for all NY customers.
- Park office hours are 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. from Labour Day until mid-June, Mon - Fri.
- For night-time and weekend operations, please contact the park on 315-2722-482.
Peak Season: A camping party and its equipment can occupy a site for a maximum of 14 consecutive days during the peak season. After that, before applying again for another location, the camping party and equipment would leave the site and facilities for 2 days.
- If your platform requires dogs, only 2 are allowed per site. Required valid rabies certificates.
- Pets must be no more than 6 feet long on a leash as well.
- Pets must at all times be under the protection of the owner, leashed (6 feet or less), and barking under control.
- Pets CANNOT be left in campsites, cabins, or cars alone.
- The owner needs to clean up after the cat.
- In the cottages, there are no pets permitted.
- When using service animals, it is recommended that places inside specified pet loops are picked. Where these sites are not open or feasible, they would be permitted elsewhere.
- Each location, unless otherwise mentioned, provides for 2 tents or 1 RV and a small tent.
- F Loop: There is no bathhouse for F Loop. The key camping unit MUST have a drainage hook-up.
- C Loop: includes electrical hook-ups, no water or sewage hookups.
- Both prime sites, except sites in the F Ring, are water sites.
Wellesley Island State Park CabinsPhoto by NYS Parks and Sites on Flickr
There is so much more for a trip to Wellesley Island State Park than a three-hour walk. The island boasts some of the best bass, pike, and muskie fishing in the area, along with a full-service marina and numerous boat launches, as a fisherman's paradise.
Soak up in the sun and splash in the water at the bathing beach if throwing worms on the hook is not your thing. Or maybe, try to play a game of golf or stay back at your campsite or home. A sweet place to learn is the Minna Anthony Popular Nature Center too!
- Cabins 1,2,3,4 & 9 are open from 26 April to 30 November 2019.
- Cottages and Cabins 5, 6,7,8 & 10: Year-Round Open.
- Deposit needed for Cottage and Cabin upon arrival.
- Pet Free is for ALL full-service cottages.
- Smoking in cabins or cottages is NOT allowed.
- 36 Questions That Lead to Love: With Tips How to Do It Properly!
- Best 75+ Who Knows Me Better Questions To Ask To Your Friends And Family!
- 110+ Patriotic Independence Day Greetings to Complete Your Independence Day Celebration
- 80+ Dad Jokes 2020 and Other Dad Jokes That Will Crack You Up
- 150+ Funny Questions to Ask on Instagram Story to Build A Deeper Relationship with Your Followers